The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Here in Grenada, there's an old Russian airfield, the direct cause of the US invasion back in the 1980's. A couple of mouldering aircraft remain adjacent to the strip itself,

This reminds me of all the derelict aircraft littering the West African airports I frequent on my humanitarian relief trips...seems that the fauna in Grenada are much healthier than those in West Africa.

Bob

scho

THANKS.. alot Carl ... for the effort, looks like it's working :) dit you try any shift with it ?

Novoflex NIK to E adapter and ASTAT/NEX - Is it that heavy / big ? I kinda feel my ASTAT/NEX make all more loose and dinky?
I always keep the tripod/camera level and use shift to frame the shot as necessary, so some of the shots in this series have some up or down shift applied, in addition to about one degree of downward tilt for all to bring everything into focus. The lens +adapter is bulky and weighs about 875 g. I don't know if that would be a stain on the mount or not without support, but I feel more comfortable using the ASTAT/NEX. Feels quite tight and solid on the tripod.

docmoore

Is it just me, or are most of these images look spectacular? I find myself drawn to the colors and look of the shots here.

Am I just suffering from GAS, or is there something to it? I did get to handle these and was surprised at how much I liked the A7/zoom combo. It was shower to AF than the EM1, but…those files...
Choices choices...M43 sensors are mature but somewhat small....

I decided to move to Nikon Df for ISO and the A7r for resolution...loved the A900 but lack of lenses was a bit of a problem then. With the ability to mount almost any lens on the A7(r) the game is a bit different now.

AND yes the images do look spectacular....

Bob

nostatic

I'm not so picky about specific glass. A decent zoom and a few good primes and I'm happy. I am often profoundly lazy, so quick/accurate AF in low light are a plus, but the ability to use a good EVF and MF (especially if shooting video) could have an impact.

docmoore

I'm not so picky about specific glass. A decent zoom and a few good primes and I'm happy. I am often profoundly lazy, so quick/accurate AF in low light are a plus, but the ability to use a good EVF and MF (especially if shooting video) could have an impact.
So the A7 may be a great choice...less dependent upon technique and able to still out resolve the M43s....

Bob

MontyMo

Are you kidding me???? 6400 ISO??????
That is amazing.
I suspect is I read this entire thread I'd know the answer to this question :) Are you using the A7 or the A7r ?

Thanks
Monty
(my first post on this forum :))

The first shot was taken almost in the dark:
1/60th ISO 6400 f4.5 at 45mm

Both with the kit zoom

Chain Mail Fence

]

m_driscoll

Great photos everybody and thanks for the "likes". A few more from the Pike Place Market. A7 with Sony 28-70mm and 55mm f1.8 lenses. Current weather here really sucks. I might have to get "creative" like Jono. How about cat photos? :)

Cheers, Matt

Last edited:

BSEH

I always keep the tripod/camera level and use shift to frame the shot as necessary, so some of the shots in this series have some up or down shift applied, in addition to about one degree of downward tilt for all to bring everything into focus. The lens +adapter is bulky and weighs about 875 g. I don't know if that would be a stain on the mount or not without support, but I feel more comfortable using the ASTAT/NEX. Feels quite tight and solid on the tripod.
ok, thanks..

PSon

Great photos everybody and thanks for the "likes". A few more from the Pike Place Market. A7 with Sony 28-70mm and 55mm f1.8 lenses. Current weather here really sucks. I might have to get "creative" like Jono. How about cat photos? :)
Cheers, Matt
If I can only get a little creative like you and Jono, I may not need the good weather here.
-Son

pozzello

A few variations. I like the second one better, stepping back with the FE 35mm places more emphasis on the trees and the house helps balance the composition.

24 TS-E stitch:

FE 35mm f2.8 ZA:

pozzello

Your wish is my command... need to work on this some more though, I think...

Reminds me of war photographs from Vietnam (probably not your intent :) ) It looks really good as-is. Maybe burn-in the top and bottom and dodge around the sheep to make him stand out. I'd go crazy and try really blurring the planes.

Great image !

PSon

Reminds me of war photographs from Vietnam (probably not your intent :) ) It looks really good as-is. Maybe burn-in the top and bottom and dodge around the sheep to make him stand out. I'd go crazy and try really blurring the planes.

Great image !
It does bring back memory.

jonoslack

Are you kidding me???? 6400 ISO??????
That is amazing.
I suspect is I read this entire thread I'd know the answer to this question :) Are you using the A7 or the A7r ?

Thanks
Monty
(my first post on this forum :))
Hi Monty. A7, but I'm sure it would be the same with the A7r

Status
Not open for further replies.