The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 7792

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I am glad I chose the A7r despite the fact that everybody seems to be raving about the A7 because of the kit lens and a few RF wides.
The files are just wonderfull, on higher ISO's as well, and there is so much room for corrections (highlights and shadows) that I must conclude this is a great sensor and camera for its price.
I think Sony is the most innovating camera company right now.
Not enough native lenses? Forget it, lenses for these cameras are all over the place for little money.
AF lenses will come soon enough beside who need AF with this EVF and focus magnification and focus peaking in a lot of situations on these camera's.
It is a dream to use all those existing fabulous old lenses with their real FL and DOF for once. Just perfect.
( why do I not have stocks in this company?)
All the differences are not to be seen on internet presentations only at 100 % on your computer and in making big prints.
For internet and smaller prints M4/3 is also perfect but there is life besides internet :watch:
Olympus makes great lenses and ergonomical beautifull cameras but will always be crippled by the size of 4/3 for me.
I hope something real good is coming out of their partnership with Sony.
I agree Michiel, and have really enjoyed your photos on this forum using the A7R. You have demonstrated that the camera shines with many different lenses, some very old. The colors and vibrancy of Amsterdam bring back lots of good memories. Thanks.

Joe

Ben Rubinstein

Teaching my class beginning studio lighting today. Single strobe in an umbrella box. A7r with Pentax Tak Super @ f4. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there is almost nothing this lens does not do well! Oh and the A7r is murder for portraiture. 36 megapixels, a sharp lens and girls faces do not a happy teenager make! :D The tonality though far surpasses what I'm used to from my canon's. This file is pretty much straight out of camera. Really not used to that.

Knorp

Wanted to pohotograph this for a long time. It is along the highway, but this time I stopped. Did not have the right equipment for it, only a table tripod which was far to low.
Will get back to it for my series.
Meerkerk ! That's a long way from home, Michiel !

Kind regards.

iiiNelson

I like both SEFXP2 and VSCO Film for conversions. Nik is a much better value since being acquired by Google.

Michiel Schierbeek

I agree Michiel, and have really enjoyed your photos on this forum using the A7R. You have demonstrated that the camera shines with many different lenses, some very old. The colors and vibrancy of Amsterdam bring back lots of good memories. Thanks.

Joe
Thank you Joe, much appreciated!

iiiNelson

I am glad I chose the A7r despite the fact that everybody seems to be raving about the A7 because of the kit lens and a few RF wides.
The files are just wonderfull, on higher ISO's as well, and there is so much room for corrections (highlights and shadows) that I must conclude this is a great sensor and camera for its price.
I think Sony is the most innovating camera company right now.
Not enough native lenses? Forget it, lenses for these cameras are all over the place for little money.
AF lenses will come soon enough beside who need AF with this EVF and focus magnification and focus peaking in a lot of situations on these camera's.
It is a dream to use all those existing fabulous old lenses with their real FL and DOF for once. Just perfect.
( why do I not have stocks in this company?)
All the differences are not to be seen on internet presentations only at 100 % on your computer and in making big prints.
For internet and smaller prints M4/3 is also perfect but there is life besides internet :watch:
Olympus makes great lenses and ergonomical beautifull cameras but will always be crippled by the size of 4/3 for me.
I hope something real good is coming out of their partnership with Sony.

Looks like summertime in Amsterdam these days, strange.

I agree 100% and that's why I own both. The A7 is better with some of the RF wides I own but the Voigtlander 21/1.8, 35/1.2, both of my 50's, and my 90 works well with both in actual pictures. The A7 is definitely more forgiving handheld but that's to be expected. I've either gotten used to the A7r shutter sound or I just don't find it overly offensive. It's a bit more unique with the "double clicking" sound but I don't think it's as loud as my NEX-5 either.

I like them both and for different reasons. When you want or need the resolution then the A7r is great in a small package. The A7 is more than enough for 99% of your applications but we all have said "I really wish I could've taken this shot with X camera or lens" at some point about a great picture taken with the "wrong" camera.

Last edited:

scho

A humble little hairy house plant. A7R with the Leitz 90mm f/4 M-Rokkor.

D

Deleted member 7792

From late this afternoon, testing the Canon 70-200mm f/4L IS with the A7R, handheld:

Joe

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Couple of pictures from the A7r

Sony ILCE-7R

Rail and Power Towers

Tree Front Grain Silo

Rail Bridge Graffiti

Thanks,

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Another from the A7r

Sony ILCE-7R

Tree Stump Waters Edge 08

Tree Stump Waters Edge 07

Tree Stump and Brush

Thanks,

Bob

tashley

Subscriber Member

So for those of you stuck in colder climes, you'll be pleased to hear that I am headed back from paradise. Two last shots and I'm done :( expect shots of sodden bleak England again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.