The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

^^^^ Amazing photograph, Michiel. ^^^^

I too have the CV21/1.8 but I still have not had enough time to really try it out.

LouisB

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Jono, it is the headquarters of ING bank in Amsterdam.

Louis,
On the A7 the flaws will be less then on my A7r meaning margenta colour cast. It is nice sharp.
The Canon FD 20/2.8 has none of these problems but has may be a little less punch.
The VC is great for the evening if you control the possible ghosting at long distance shots. I think you have to block the inner chrome parts for reflecting on the sensor.
I cut a rubber ring for that but still did not find an oppertunity to test it.
It is raining for ever.

But there are native wide lenses on the horizon. Red about a possible Zeiss wide zoom on SAR.

gurtch

Another from yesterday's miserable weather here, A7R 35mm FE @ f11 hand held. B&W conversion in Exposure 3 to mimic Tri-X
Dave in NJ

D&A

These are really lovely gurtch.
+1! Couldn't agree more and each has elements that draw me in. The first image of course with the fog and the dog w/owner in the distance. The element that ties it all together is the interesting shape of the shoreline that leads the viewer's eye to those distant subjects.

In the second image, it's all the various shapes and textures that are juxtaposed against one another. The slanting rain, the vertical posts of the wooden fence, the crisscrossing of the fences themselves, and once again the eye wants to follow each of them. Sometimes having so many similar elements like all those fences can cause a bit of optical confusion but in this case I find it works.

I think having both images in B&W really works. Nicely done and it certainly adds to all the wonderful images being posted in this thread.

Dave (D&A)

Dave (D&A)

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks a lot Carl :)
This building has all kind of nicknames like iron and shoebox.

There is a big orange building on the left which gives this sensor a lot of color shift. Just sended the camera back to Sony :ROTFL:

jaree

re: Fun With Sony _____

Glacier National Park, Montana.
Sony RX1R.

Lake McDonald. The sharp needle like trees are actually dead from a fire.

Highline Trail can be seen on upper right, the road below is the famous Going to the Sun Road:

Next one near Polebridge, Montana. When I first saw the fresh green young trees, I thought someone had a really large farm, but then the dead trees between them did not make sense. An informational sign cleared up the mystery - the large ones are dead from a fire some 15 years back. Their ashes enrich the soil and allow other species to thrive. Until the next forest fire. Circle of life.

- Eeraj

Godfrey

A7r with CV 1.5/50. One of my first shots with this combination.

This was taken through a ferry's (rather dirty) window, hence the flare in places.
Hallo there! Very nice photo, surreal-ish ... :)

Had a look through some of your recent photo posts with the GXR too, you're doing some very nice work.

G

D

Deleted member 7792

With the Leica 180mm f/2.8 Elmarit-R, handheld:

Joe

scho

A7R. One with the Leica 135mm f/4 Tele-Elmar and a few walkabout shots in the park with the 28mm f/2.8 M-Rokkor.

Edit: Added another houseplant image with the Leica 135mm f/4 Tele-Elmar at f/11.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.