The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Please don't post full resolution image files. They choke up the performance of the GetDPI forum badly and dont image well anyway. 1024x1024 or so is as big as anyone needs in a web photo.

thanks!

GrahamB

Cold snap cabin fever today so I dug out the Gigapan to see how it would work with the A7R.
How are you triggering the camera with the Gigapan? The old Sony remote cable doesn't work with the new "multiport" remote port on the a7(r)?

Graham

frozenbb

Here's my first macro stack attempt, done using an A7R + Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5 + newport linear stage. 80 exposures taken at 15µm intervals were stacked in Zerene. Two $1 led flashlights were used for lighting this 1960 Hong Kong dollar.

Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5

And here's a 100% crop:

Tokina AT-X 90mm f2.5

Knorp

Please don't post full resolution image files. They choke up the performance of the GetDPI forum badly and dont image well anyway. 1024x1024 or so is as big as anyone needs in a web photo.

thanks!
I wonder why this file (4,912 × 7,360 JPEG) wasn't 'shrunk' to the site's maximum of 1,200 pixels ?

:bugeyes: :shocked: :loco:

Godfrey

I wonder why this file (4,912 × 7,360 JPEG) wasn't 'shrunk' to the site's maximum of 1,200 pixels ?

:bugeyes: :shocked: :loco:
The site software does shrink the file to the maximum of 1200 pixels wide, but only after it has read and delivered all the image data to the browser client and then reprocessed it by scaling. It doesn't actually change the image file at all, it can't in particular if you are linking to an image file stored on another web host.

G

Knorp

The site software does shrink the file to the maximum of 1200 pixels wide, but only after it has read and delivered all the image data to the browser client and then reprocessed it by scaling. It doesn't actually change the image file at all, it can't in particular if you are linking to an image file stored on another web host.

G
Godfrey, I'm sure you're right, but at least on my screen all large (>1,200 pixels) images are looking huge now. I like it !

Mmm, perhaps I should be reseting my browser ...

Kind regards.

Gbealnz

I agree, the huge files just bind this thread up, and take ages to load. It would be nice it it was removed, and resized.
Gary

scho

How are you triggering the camera with the Gigapan? The old Sony remote cable doesn't work with the new "multiport" remote port on the a7(r)?

Graham
I was using the automated mechanical trigger arm that is positioned over the release button. I also program in a delay between shots to avoid any residual vibration from the previous shot. No problems so far with movement.

MikalWGrass

Scho: nice set up but can you use that gigapan thing to shoot sports?

Godfrey, you shot some sweet auto and motorcycle stuff with your old film Leicas, no? I think you posted some at my request a long while ago. It was great stuff.

W.Utsch

To heaten up your day i try to bring some "sharpness" (Schärfe in German is hot and sharp) in.
It is REALLY hot and sharp as you can see at 100%, if you like

Love the Apo-Macro 100​

nikonf

Beautiful image!
I love the 100mm APO-Macro Elmarit f2.8.
I have been waiting for a sensor that could do justice to this wonderful optic.
May I ask, which adapter are you using with this lens on the A7R?

Stay warm!
Mike
To heaten up your day i try to bring some "sharpness" (Schärfe in German is hot and sharp) in.
It is REALLY hot and sharp as you can see at 100%, if you like

Love the Apo-Macro 100​

cellison

One of the first pics with my Leica 50mm Rigid using the metabones m to e adapter
Not bad for a lens older than me.

W.Utsch

Mike, i use a Novoflex adaptor and i am very satisfied with it.
Tranks for the compliments!

Werner

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice composition of peppers Werner!

Finally had a few moments to shoot some of my C/Y lenses with a black rubber ring in the adapter.
No more reflections on the sensor till now, but this was without really much sunlight. Shot wide open. Crazy sharp lens but I knew that.

Haspels by Michiel Schierbeek, on Flickr​

W.Utsch

Thank you Michiel,

we have so bad wether here, its raining, grey and not even cold,with almost no light. So i am doing these tabletop work instead of taking no pics at all. I hope it is not to boring for you all.
Well, i think it is still better than reading reviews.......and makes much more fun...

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Michiel,

we have so bad wether here, its raining, grey and not even cold,with almost no light. So i am doing these tabletop work instead of taking no pics at all. I hope it is not to boring for you all.
Well, i think it is still better than reading reviews.......and makes much more fun...
Here too, grey grey grey and what else....
Table tops are not boring but I think the firm white backlight does not always do justice to the objects.

Actually I almost never read reviews anymore. One knows already so much about it on this and other forums that a review is mostly " musterd after diner " as we say :)
I did read this one only globally :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.