The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Great stuff everyone. Been busy shooting real gigs and trying the A6000 as well, very impressed with this 650 dollar cam. Serves as a nice backup and with FE lenses are charmer with AF speed.

scho

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Rock garden coming back to life. A6000 + Rhinocam + Mamiya 645 55mm f/2.8 N lens. Eight shot stitch cropped to 122 MP final image and reduced to 25% for upload. Two 100% crops below.

[

Crop 1

Crop 2

Barry Haines

"Greenhouse"

DSC07423.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

I invite you to have a look at the corners at 100% via Flickr.
Thanks for the invitation Werner. :):):)
I did...The 18mm Zeiss seems to shine in your hands.
Amazingly sharp - It resolves just great.
The 18mm Distagon is normally overlooked for it's 21mm cousin but it's hard to understand why when it behaves so well on the A7R.
Cheers Barry

PS. Do the corners need any extra PP work?

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Here is a few sunset shots from a recent trip to Fiji. All taken with a NEX 7 and the Zeiss Sonnar FE 35/2.8.

nsng

What an absolutely stunning set of images, each photo a powerful portrait in its own right. This one however stands out for me. The look on her face contrasting with the foreground blur comes out as both poignant and perfectly composed. One of those shots that are only there for a split second and then gone forever. Well done and welcome aboard. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Should be mentioned, the last two shots stand out as well. Kudos, great shooting.

EDIT: Huh, that didnt work. Thought it would copy the photo in the quote. Oh well, you know which one I mean. :)
Thanks. This was in a busy market. I was attracted to the yellow colour of the head scarf. I just aimed and and triggered the camera at her through the green leaves. A Decisive Moment?

nsng

Hi and welcome NSNG,

very nice! The one with the five males in what appears being a cave of some sorts captures imagination.

Best
Georg
This was captured in an underground church in Lalibela, a town in the north famous for its monolithic rock cut churches. It was St George's Day and the church was crowded with worshippers. I managed to squeeze into the narrow passage and saw this group of men with enough light to grab a couple of shots before being pushed in another direction.

nsng

@ nsng,

I'm adding my echo to the thx & praise above. An outstanding series, and the one with girl & tomato is absolutely stunning!
Kirk
These two girls were standing at the door way and did not mind being photographed. Together with other photographers, we managed to take a number of shots.

Many of the local people are very photogenic, but it is best to smile and ask before taking any photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.