The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

As discussed in the A7 thread I was in Amsterdam to attend the opening of Michiel Schierbeek's exhibition "Window Dressing" in PuntWG.
However I used the opportunity to come a whole lot earlier and explore the area where I lived the first 6 years of my life. After that I walked around in the area where the exhibition was held. Weather and light were dreadful, but still I had a splendid day :)

1: The pink Vespa (the building on the left is the primary school I attended > 50 yrs ago)

2: "Our house" (at least until 1964, after that the new owners sacrificed the side garden to build an extension)

3: The green door

4: The Lutheran Community (Staringplein)

5: Statue on the Nicolaas Beetsstraat

6: Americain (Leidseplein)

All NEX6 + E10-18/4

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Built in the mid 19th Century for the pilots who would guide their ships in and out of Padstow Harbour.
Colour and selenium toned image blended together.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I like the "heritage toning" of those images Barry, if you would make them slightly less sharp and contrasty they might just be scans from 100 year old photo's. Only the parked cars would be the give away then.

Here's one from an appartment building overlooking Victoria Docks in East London

A900 + M 35/2

gurtch

This is a very frigid grab shot. We were invited to a party here (inside!!), and I carry my A7R in the trunk. No time to set up for tripod and cable release. 20mm f2.8 Minolta lens, LAEA4 adapter, hand held at f8 and 1/15 second. Image is sharp enough for a decent blow up, probably 16"x24"
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

Quentin_Bargate

This is a very frigid grab shot. We were invited to a party here (inside!!), and I carry my A7R in the trunk. No time to set up for tripod and cable release. 20mm f2.8 Minolta lens, LAEA4 adapter, hand held at f8 and 1/15 second. Image is sharp enough for a decent blow up, probably 16"x24"
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ
Looks good! Just goes to show how important it is to have a camera on you most if not all of the time.

Quentin_Bargate

The Leica Summilux 75mm F/1.4, pictured herer on my Sony A7r, arrived today. Don't worry, the reflections in the lens are not defects, they are lights above the lens.

It is near mint condition. Will try and find some time amongst the awful weather to do a few test shots.

V

Vivek

The Leica Summilux 75mm F/1.4, pictured herer on my Sony A7r, arrived today. Don't worry, the reflections in the lens are not defects, they are lights above the lens.
It is on fire! :shocked:

Any plans to get the new Summarit 35/2.4? The cutest lens eveh! ;)

nsng

Salt Worker, Danakil Depression, Ethiopia. A7R w/35-70R VE

This worker cut slabs of salt from the ground and load them onto camels to be transported to faraway towns. When we drove through this region, the temperature reached 51 C or about 125 F! National Geographic called the Danakil Depression the 'cruellest place' on Earth. According to the worker's watch, the time was 9.10 am, but I recalled it was already very hot.

One of my Danakil images was selected by CNN as one of the top 25 travel photos from 2014, 25 top travel photos from 2014 - CNN.com

More of my Ethiopian photos can be found here, Zenfolio | N.S. Ng | Ethiopia April 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.