The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

nice colors. like a painting.

although the angry looking cow on the left does disturb the idyll. :)
Thanks seb. I used Nik Col Efex as usual.

Yes I noticed the white cow staring at me, I'm a bit wary of cows sometimes, but there was a ditch and a hedge between us.

Here is before and after if you're interested. (amazing what detail comes out of the black cows!)

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

And another view of the dam; I returned there two weeks after the first trip, because I felt I needed to try using a wider lens. Apparently in two weeks things change a lot, the dam is facing north, so it get very few sun. The first time the sun was almost lighting the full dam at the very end of the afternoon. The second time, there was just a slit of light :

A7rm2 and FE 16-35mm F4 @ 28mm

Grande Dixence, the dam - 20160823_245a7r2i by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Annna T

We had an incredible storm saturday evening; it lasted about two hours and the lightning and thunder followed each others in short sequences. It was spectacular. Here is one example I could catch. The storm crossed the valley from left to right.. I tried to make a composite, but it didn't come out very good because the colors of the lightning was changing.. Sometimes the sky almost turned magenta.. sometimes it was more blue/green.

A7r and FE 24-70mm F4

Storm over Sion - 20160827_022a7r2i-2 by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

Lucille

At the Dragstrip, many people with cameras, but the HepKitty was there with the G Master lens, and the magic happens. Images that pop!

mediumcool

At the Dragstrip, many people with cameras, but the HepKitty was there with the G Master lens, and the magic happens. Images that pop!
Low light, with the car popping! Nice. I suggest strengthening (IMO) the composition by cropping out the OOF bits of the F/G, and the white or grey box on the RHS—the figures on the left are interesting and shouldn’t be cropped, even if they lead the eye that way. If there’s any more sky available … ;)

5c [inflation]

Barry Haines

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.