The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shac

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Scho, Mazor - thanks - yes it's pretty good for travelling but I wish I;d had the 18-200 especially for wildlife and birds.

Scho - looks from your images the market was a great success photographically and food-wise

V

Vivek

Thank you, Carl! :)

Next time, I would pack my filters with me. This capture is, hmm... way too much recovery, etc in the post.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
NEX-7, Sony Zeiss 24/1.8

mazor, Matt: Thanks a lot for the feedback and the encouragement, much appreciated!

Matt: Particularly like the street portrait. And BTW: For my purposes the NEX first and foremost supports me to get closer to streetlife - poor man's (or dare I say sort of technically up to date) Leica substitute :). Though, maybe in Mid-September my resistance once more will be put to an acid test ...

Keith: Nice capture of the shop window exemplifying typical "Barcelonian" design.

Shac: Nice pictures of a beautiful country, particularly like # 4.

Sho: Your pictures give an impression of the atmosphere at the local farmers' market, in particular #2 for me.

Vivik: From your dune series for my taste the second to last one works best, nicely reduced composition.

Two more from the "street":

"Passing By"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 33mm & f/7.1

"Still Waiting"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm & f/7.1

Hope you like them and thank you for your interest.

Shac

Hermann - thanks - the wind was blowing so hard the water was lifted off the surface. Despite this but just out of the frame was a small group of flamingos wading up to their bellies along the water's edge.
Especially like your "Passing by"

mazor

lovely vivek,

Think my helicoid adapter LM-NEX give about 5mm extension. I think the helicoid is superior as it doubles as a responsive macro focus ring. With a 5mm extension tube attached the focus will be very restricted using the original focus ring on the CV 15mm, whereas with the helicoid I just ignore the CV 15 mm focus ring and use the helicoid for focusing, and it feels as if I am using a standard macro lens.

heres a pic of CV 15 helicoid open and closed

Shot at 2012-05-13
captured using 5n penf 40 f1.4

Thanks, Mazor. :)

Years ago, I did a 20 roll Provia project with a Bessa L, C-V15/4.5 with a 5 mm extension ring. Very limited range of focus. Magnification, focus distance and such are defined. What was required was to implement a set of previsualized components that would fit the frame (sounds clinical and boring but it is hardly that) and snap away.

An old (digital) snap:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Epson R-D1s, Tegea Kinoptik 9.8mm f/1.8, extension ring

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Matt: Particularly like the street portrait. And BTW: For my purposes the NEX first and foremost supports me to get closer to streetlife - poor man's (or dare I say sort of technically up to date) Leica substitute :). Though, maybe in Mid-September my resistance once more will be put to an acid test ...

Two more from the "street":
"Passing By"
NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 33mm & f/7.1

"Still Waiting"
NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm & f/7.1

Hope you like them and thank you for your interest.
Hermann: Thanks. :D I just discovered that 'shoot' from last year on my computer. Like finding a lost roll of film!

We're already out of synch. I traded in my Nex 5N, yesterday, to get a Fuji XPro-1

These are stunningly elegant photos! Geometry and color like Mondrian (if he did angles). :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Hermann, Thanks. :)

[FWIW, it is Vivek]

Kijkduin (Den Haag - The Dunes around The Hague) is a historic thing. One of these days, I will try to explore it and document it. This is hardly a series.

Vivek: To start with, please excuse the typo! Of course I know, how to spell your name, especially considering, that you're no newbie here, by all means :).

Documenting "Kijkduin" is an interesting photographic project, for me particularly, if it's manageable to involve the relationship of contemporary people to nature (or cultural and historical etc. selections of topics) - like you tried in the last one.

(...)
Especially like your "Passing by"
Shac: Thanks for the nice words and feedback!:salute:

Hermann: Thanks. :D I just discovered that 'shoot' from last year on my computer. Like finding a lost roll of film!

We're already out of synch. I traded in my Nex 5N, yesterday, to get a Fuji XPro-1

These are stunningly elegant photos! Geometry and color like Mondrian (if he did angles). :salute:

Cheers, Matt
Matt: Congratulation on the new camera (and lenses). Especially considering, that we can expect more of your inspiring photography with each new gear!:) My acquisition manners inevitably are a bit more tempered, since I'm incapable of selling/trading in cameras and lenses, racing cycles, motorbikes etc. etc. :confused:

And of course thanks for your encouragement (and the highly flattering comparison :D)! :salute:

rayyan

It's a pity that it's so calm here (the Sony/NEX-related picture threads) lately. Maybe just too many different threads (Fun with the NEX cameras, the NEX-5, the NEX-7, plus fun with the NEX and different lenses, Fun with Sony, plus "Street" etc. etc.) - though first and foremost, what counts, are the pictures, aren't they?

Anyway, here are two, shot with the Sony NEX-5N, the 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 and for me they're "street" (photography of everyday-life in the public sphere); difficult lighting conditions as well ... :):

"City Lights #2"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, f/6.3 ISO 3200

"Remember?"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, f/6.3 ISO 3200

Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.
Hermann. These are simply beautiful.:clap:

rayyan

Matt, Vivek..lovely work from you two. The variety of images from this cam is very enticing.

Well done.:thumbs:

Hermann. These are simply beautiful.:clap:
Rayyan: Thank you for lookin' out "over the fence" - it's always a great pleasure to meet friends in "foreign territories"! :).

And of course thanks a lot for the kind words and the encouragement, very much appreciated, particularly coming from you.

All the best to you and yours! :salute:

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

A couple of photos from Swim Miami 2012. The first photo is of a Russian Olympian (his father was an Olympic gold medalist in 1980) who won the event. I cropped the shot to get a shot of his eyes through the goggles. The second shot is of an amazing swimmer who was injured years ago in an electrical accident.

Both shot with the a900 and Minolta 85/1.4.

Last edited:

fotografz

re: Fun With Sony _____

A couple of photos from Swim Miami 2012. The first photo is of a Russian Olympian (his father was an Olympic gold medalist in 1980) who won the event. I cropped the shot to get a shot of his eyes through the goggles. The second shot is of an amazing swimmer who was injured years ago in an electrical accident.

Both shot with the a900 and Minolta 85/1.4.
:thumbs:

-Marc

pegelli

To honour the fact that yesterday was day 135, here's some shots with the Nex 5 + OM 135/3.5. Mostly around f 5.6. To get a bit closer focus I added a 21 mm OM extension ring to the combo

Status
Not open for further replies.