The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

A vintage VW van is a fun subject, especially with a WA

But even more fun to also use it for wonky SP's

A850 + KM17-35D

mazor

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

OlliL, what a tiny element that lens has!!! Indeed you are taking pancake to the next level!

OlliL

Unfortunately it isn't perfect yet.
My idea is to have the focus set to infinity, when the body cap is completely pushed in.
Problem is, that the lens on the Konica sits quite far from the film plane and so in the current state, focus is far beyond on the Nex.
Might work on it today, or take a look in my box with broken P/S-cameras, if there's something better.

mazor

nice acquisition OlliL. In keeping with compact and small, the oly penf 40 f1.4 has shorter flange distance than canon FD, and overall is a very tiny lens for a f1.4.

OlliL

I already looked at the Pen F lenses myself. :)
The FD, I only bought, because I had the adapter already.
I won't have that lens constantly attached to the camera, since it's even heavier than the body itself. :D

scho

A couple of waterfront shots using the NEX5N-IR and Sigma 19mm. Overcast skies not ideal for infrared.

MikalWGrass

Wife's first triathlon today. Had the a900 ready to go, lenses packed, batteries charged. DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL WE ARRIVED AT THE BEACH THAT I LEFT IT AT HOME. Luckily I took an M6 and 50/1.4 lux and some great color film. Won't be posting anything in this forum but might on the Analog forum.

Do I need to tell anyone how upset my wife was with me?

mazor

Wife's first triathlon today. Had the a900 ready to go, lenses packed, batteries charged. DIDN'T REALIZE UNTIL WE ARRIVED AT THE BEACH THAT I LEFT IT AT HOME. Luckily I took an M6 and 50/1.4 lux and some great color film. Won't be posting anything in this forum but might on the Analog forum.

Do I need to tell anyone how upset my wife was with me?
feel sorry for you man, don't want upset wife, ;)
Maybe you are carrying too much camera gear in terms of systems. If you are doing a sony day out, leave the leica at home.

MikalWGrass

Mazor, I always take the M6 with me when I take the a900 because I don't want to change lenses and I may want an option other than an 85/1.4 or 135/1.8. I had the 24/70/2.8 but didn't like it too much.

It worked out very well today anyway because my late father bought me the M6 body a year before he died 11 years ago. He never met my wife but I know he would think it was a great way to use the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.