The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Lovely portrait Cindy, quite a contageous smile.

I guess you're training for "week 50" over on Dyxum. For those of you who don't know what that is look here: Back to the 50's

I went out training today with my NEX 5 + Leica M Summicron 50/2 DR. Forgot to note down the apertures, but all shots were either taken at f 4 or 5.6 (didn't use anything else the whole trip)

@ MFD and slightly cropped:

For a 50 mm on APS-C I still think this shot still has a "widish" feel:

Flemish Farmhouse & Reflection #1:

Flemish Farmhouse & Reflection #2:

It's not too late if you want to join. Normally Dyxum is "Alpha only", but like with this event last year it's all mounts/all brands, as long as the focal length (in real terms, not sensor size 35 mm equivalent) is 50 - 59 mm.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Lovely portrait Cindy, quite a contageous smile.

I guess you're training for "week 50" over on Dyxum. For those of you who don't know what that is look here: Back to the 50's

I went out training today with my NEX 5 + Leica M Summicron 50/2 DR. Forgot to note down the apertures, but all shots were either taken at f 4 or 5.6 (didn't use anything else the whole trip)

It's not too late if you want to join. Normally Dyxum is "Alpha only", but like with this event last year it's all mounts/all brands, as long as the focal length (in real terms, not sensor size 35 mm equivalent) is 50 - 59 mm.
pegelli,
I have signed up to use 6 of my 50's that week. I think I will add one more and use a different lens every day. 50 is my most used and favorite focal length. Guess you can figure that out, since I have more than 7 50's for use on my SLT and NEX.

I plan to stick to my NEX7 and new A99 (just got it this week...thanks Monza). It is fun that all brands are allowed into this special challenge.

Flemish farmhouse is really eye-catching.

pegelli

Cindy, I saw your nice and exotic line up of 50's in the thread and I'm glad you will join with all that fine glass. My oldest (from the 5 I'll use) is only ~1950, so I can't stand in your shadow, but still I think it's again going to be a fun event for all participants.

MikalWGrass

Just a quick shot from a triathlon at the end of the summer. a900 and ZA 85/1.4, reprocessed in LR4. I could throw a bit more light on the faces but then it wouldn't be what I saw. Camera was about an inch off of the water.

MikalWGrass

Crap, the photo didn't load. Can't figure out why as I have done it before the same way, straight from my desktop.

MikalWGrass

Breakfast with my son and daughter this morning. My son was clowning around too much for me to photograph, so I took photos of my daughter only. a900 and $150.00 Minolta 50/1.4. The lens seems to be a winner now that I might have fixed the back focus issue with the micro adjust. Minimal post processing.

MikalWGrass

Water polo practice. With flash. Just a bit of a crop at the bottom. ZA 135/1.8 and the dedicated flash. I hate flash but love the picture. I am thinking I need the Minolta 200/2.8 but after carrying around the a900 rig with flash, and trying to watch Lola as well as my son, a big rig makes old wrists tired.

MikalWGrass

Some from the skateboard park in Sunny Isles, FL. Used the a900 and the 135/1.8. Used the high frame rate setting. Needed to crop. The larger files that I have on my computer really sing.

scho

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

-10 F this AM so just shooting through a window. IR modified NEX 5N with Contax G Zeiss 45 Planar (M mount mod) with leica M to sony nex adapter. Processed in C1 (v7).

scho

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Another winter IR shot with the converted NEX 5N and a Contax C/Y 28mm Distagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.