The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pfister

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Nice colors, Carl! Very much the Zeiss-look, I think. That Sonnar seems like a good fit for the A7R. Is this the MM or AE? Made in Germany or Japan?

W.Utsch

Yea, pics will come with the 55/1.8! :)

Right now to bad weather and to much Christmas!

Just took some tests in my office with very good , not to say exceptional, results - but nothing to post here.

In the mean time 2 more with the Cron 90/2.0 M:

Some kind of Christmas Tree

Outboarder, really sharp, if you peep at 100%!

W.Utsch

BTW, has any of you experience or maybe a link about/with the Zeiss ZE 18/3.5?
Could get one at a reasonable price.
So far WW from 18 - 21 is the real problem.
The WATE seems to be very good but way to expensive.
I used my Canon 16-35/2.8 II so far with good to very good results. But i don't like the size and look of this lens with adapter on the 7R. Would oc. prefer a prime 18 , 20 or 21.

scho

Nice colors, Carl! Very much the Zeiss-look, I think. That Sonnar seems like a good fit for the A7R. Is this the MM or AE? Made in Germany or Japan?
Thanks Ron. This is the newer MM design from Japan. Heavy (815g), but a nice lens and I like the built-in sliding lens hood.

scho

BTW, has any of you experience or maybe a link about/with the Zeiss ZE 18/3.5?
Could get one at a reasonable price.
So far WW from 18 - 21 is the real problem.
The WATE seems to be very good but way to expensive.
I used my Canon 16-35/2.8 II so far with good to very good results. But i don't like the size and look of this lens with adapter on the 7R. Would oc. prefer a prime 18 , 20 or 21.
I had hopes for my little 21 Biogon G, but like most of the biogons bad edge/corner smearing. My 21 Ultron 1.8 works well on the A7R, but it is heavy and bulky.

Ron Pfister

Thanks Ron. This is the newer MM design from Japan. Heavy (815g), but a nice lens and I like the built-in sliding lens hood.
Yes, a very useful feature. I *really* wish Zeiss would have built hoods into their ZF/ZE lenses. The add-on hoods are a major pain, but at least they're reversible.

Gbealnz

Dunno Vivek, the window-sill between the drain-pipe and the door, behind your subject looks clear and sharp. Certainly sharper than everything else. Initially I put it down to hurry or fear, not in that order; he doesn't look too happy about his picture being taken, LOL.
Gary

V

Vivek

Dunno Vivek, the window-sill between the drain-pipe and the door, behind your subject looks clear and sharp. Certainly sharper than everything else. Initially I put it down to hurry or fear, not in that order; he doesn't look too happy about his picture being taken, LOL.
Gary
Yes, brick walls lack motion blur, Gary. :)

Motion blur is always there in almost all my shots. I enjoy it. That is an "interesting" neighborhood. That young man probably is about half my age and twice the weight though a bit shorter than me.

Folks dressed like this are difficult to capture and also could land me in big trouble. Motion blur, shake, etc are all in this frame as well.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Revuenon 50/1.4, f/1.4, 1/100s

The Hague

J

JohnW

How are you all finding the wake from sleep times on either camera? That's something Michael Reichman pointed to as an issue. I'm asking as a street shooter, for whom this would be a concern. He said it wakes faster from off than from sleep. Thanks.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.