The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotografz

re: Fun With Sony _____

Bill,
Great rainbow shots!
Maybe at the end of the rainbow are some new Zeiss ZA wide angle primes that Sony will announce soon! :)

Albert,
The 135 1.8 and the classic car really shine in that shot. Well done!
And a 100/2.8 Zeiss APO macro !!!!!!!!!

APY_JR

Thanks all!

Appreciate the looks and comments!

This 2nd thread is turning out some really beautiful images so far:)

Albert

bensonga

Of interest to Sony shooters is that she actually went on and on about how the print of the Fawn alone looked like it was literally coming off the page. Not bad for a non-Zeiss optic huh?
Yes, it really does have a great 3D feel...looks like she is going to walk right off the screen into my office! :thumbs:

Keep trying to convince my friend who is a dedicated Sony/Zeiss lover that this is the camera he needs to get. If I didn't already have so much invested in Canon gear, I would probably go for it myself.

Gary

Combining my two favorite obsessions... :D

Couple of pics taken in the garage using available light from the cracked main door and the light from the side door. It was pretty dim but I was inspired by the reflections and the general mood created by the lighting. These were shot using UniWB and I'm not sure I have the PP worked out but they are 1,000 times better than my earlier attempts at ISO 800. I'm definitely going to have to play with this technique some more; the difficult blacks are far richer and the red splotchiness I usually see in low light is completely absent.

ISO 200, 8sec. @f9

Same lighting as shot from front. ISO 200, 30sec. @f11. Added illuminated clock and reflection on car from third pic taken with 1sec @f8 exposure(should have refocused). The clock would have blown out and bloomed if illuminaed during the main exposure.

Albert, that Victoria is in amazing shape. Has it been restored or is that original? Nice pic either way.

David, that's a great shot of the rainbow, but I have a problem with it -- I want to know what the sign says!

And Bill, nice shots but the next-to-last one is sublime. I like how you caught the "underwater world". Did you use a polarizer for that?

Braeside

Dave the Sign says "Blind Summit". It was taken on the Tamron 17-35 at 17mm to get the whole arc in.

J

Jamesmd

hi all some with CZ 85 1.4 from holidays

Cheers

Last edited:

Beautiful shots all!

And Bill, nice shots but the next-to-last one is sublime. I like how you caught the "underwater world". Did you use a polarizer for that?
Thanks Dave! Nice 928.

No polarizer, just very clear water and early morning light. The area was well shaded. I shot a few of those as the grass was kind of interesting, but that one was my favorite. The location is standing on the rock on the far left side of the second image).

Beautiful shots all!

Thanks Dave! Nice 928.

No polarizer, just very clear water and early morning light. The area was well shaded. I shot a few of those as the grass was kind of interesting, but that one was my favorite. The location is standing on the rock on the far left side of the second image).
I really like that shot... I love stumbling on clear water like that and getting a look at another world. I don't have any good pictures of same, just memories... so thanks.

BTW, the car is a 31 year old daily driver. :cool:

APY_JR

Albert, that Victoria is in amazing shape. Has it been restored or is that original? Nice pic either way.
Thanks David!
There's a little coffee table book on the front seat that pictorially shows the car through its entire restoration history.

It was little more than a wrecked cab in the beginning. It was a gentleman's (now deceased) birthday present to his wife (the owner & now a grandmother to this senior ) some 30 years ago:)

Albert

Braeside

Great story on the car Albert.
BTW I always get confused when Americans talk about "seniors", I immediately think of senior citizens, rather than senior school pupils.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill Green, I really like the first one - limpid colours!

And the car shots are great Dave - very difficult subject (reflections!) well handled.

Thanks for posting these.

Bill

MoJo

Registred Users

Douglas, that is too cuuuute! and oh so metaphorical! I love it.... you need to do a series of these!!!!!! Really!!!

Josef

MoJo

Registred Users

Did this picture come out of your reflections on your recent marriage by any chance? <grin>

Josef

Status
Not open for further replies.