The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (or as we say here, "Nollick Ghennal!") to all.

I've recently joined the A7R fun, but haven't had much time to take it seriously. Here are three from a couple of recent trips to London, all with CV Nokton 1.5/50:
Great pictures, Paul.

Good to see you here!

Nettar

Really like the first one, Michiel. And I'd add, in praise of both the photographer and his equipment, that the focus accuracy in both shows how very effective the viewfinder is. Nettar

Ben Rubinstein

Ben, great shot. I know the A7R is a great camera and can do many things, but it couldn't add a few years to the groom? Just joking. Mazel tov to you and your family.
He's 23, just got a baby face :D Heck I turned 21 just 6 days before my marriage. Now that our marriage is almost Bar Mitzva (13 years) :p I haven't regretted for a single second not waiting!

Got about 50 shots from that wedding, just messing around with what to me was a brand new camera, all with the Takumar 50mm with a mix of wide open and f2.8. Just a personal view of my sisters wedding. Shooting the dancing shots was really tough due to the lag.

http://www.studio-beni.net/mimi/

All the evening stuff was at iso 25600.

The Takumar is an interesting lens. The elements are all yellow due to a radioactive element so colour is pretty much out. Makes everything looks like a faded Agfa print from 1970. You can cure it with UV exposure, I'll get round to doing it. I tested it last night stopped down with flash on a tripod, found it had about 10 megapixels or so of resolution, I'm not surprised from a 60 year old lens. Wide open it has a huge amount of character though. Another problem is the cheap ebay adaptor I bought, it's tilted and the right side is badly out. I can buy a Novoflex adaptor but it costs the same amount the lens did :D . Looking now for a 50mm, rangefinder, loads of dreamy character wide open, razor sharp by f2.8, corners good by f5.6. Thinking of either a 'lux pre-asph or a sonnar 1.5. Not that I've used either but from reports they seem to be the closest.

m_driscoll

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to everyone.

The daughter and one of the cats. A7 with 55mm f/1.8.

Cheers, Matt

dunders

Subscriber Member

Great pictures, Paul.

Good to see you here!
Thanks, Michiel.

The A7r is a game-changer, I think. It has its limitations, but its strengths outweigh them for me, I think. I need to make some time to sort out the PP for my CV 4/21 and 4.5/15. In the meantime, my collection of Pentax lenses have most areas covered. If, that is, I ever take the Nokton off the camera.....

oh... and I picked up an M42 Biotar 2/55 to play with recently.. So many lenses, so little time! :confused::D

Enjoy the holidays!

BSEH

Back from x-mas,and wouww emotions get high here on corners and and shutter vibes….

Wist my sisters grave on x-mas day. With my new friend A7R, and a old friend Zeiss C/Y 28/2.8 - and we tried to get the emotions on "film".

Last edited:

scho

Two shots with the M-Rokkor 40mm f/2 + A7R.

Park office window, frozen vines, and "big brother".

Bleakness

Nettar

Two more from Hong Kong. The first is with my trusty Nikon 28mm f/2.8 D, which continues to provide pleasant surprises on the A7R. The next is with the ZA 24mm f/2, which I bought used years ago to manual focus on my NEX 5, and which is of course happy on the A7R. But a travel lens it ain't! Nettar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.