The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Jim, re: your processing method: except for the grain (which I don't notice @ 72 ppi), the results have a Polaroid look – with reference to everything that was nice about Polacolor.

Kirk

The sneaky photographer goes candid in his favorite espresso bar, with 40 Cron / A7.

The hinged screen works like those right-angle viewfinders that folks used in the past, but it would help to have a quieter shutter! I'm learning to look down at the camera with what I believe is a puzzled expression, as if I can't figure out how it works. That way folks think the click comes from clumsiness, not intention.

Kirk

Texting and lapping by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

JimCollum

Jim, re: your processing method: except for the grain (which I don't notice @ 72 ppi), the results have a Polaroid look – with reference to everything that was nice about Polacolor.

Kirk
I've always been a C41 kinda guy.. Vericolor III being one of my favorite. I've always liked Richard Misrach's and Joel Sternfeld's work over the traditional Velvia color spectrum. I try to use that palate (which Polacolor has) in my own work

Godfrey

Very very nice, Jim! Like the boardwalk shots a lot, excellent palette, super framing.

G

f64

J Collum's process.

Not sure I am really replicating it
1. Silver Efex + Set Opacity
2. Adjustment layer> Color Balance + Set Opacity

Sure the result is not as appealing, but I think that must be split tone (or I went too heavy with Silver Efex)

BTW, A7 + Nikkor 17-35

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks to the generousity of Jim Collum's information , I tryed something in that direction as well. Not a fine result as Jim's. I don't have Silver Efex and did everything in ACR and PS.

I was at a clouded beach this morning in Dieppe so I might as well use a similar subject.

Barry Haines

Another image from my continuing theme of blending monochrome images with the original coloured image.
Instead of using my split toning presets in Silver Efex Pro2 like I did back in April (post #882 on page 18 and post #901 on page 19).
I decided to blend a coloured image with an infra red monochrome image using the Alien Skin Exposure program.
Alien Skin Exposure allows you to control the halation (glow) on the Lifeboat House and the intensity of grain...Cheers Barry

dchew

Been a long time since I posted...

First image from my WATE that arrived yesterday :)

It's been a long time since I shot something this wide. Gotta pay more attention to the corners!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.