The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamesmd

re: Fun With Sony _____

David , i love the one of the restaurant .:thumbup:

Cheers

James

J

Jamesmd

Autumn is here in Madrid , Fall is beginning

Cheers

James

Last edited:
G

georges2020

Wu Shu practice in Bei Hai Parc in Beijing:

Braeside

I didn't have my long zoom with me, so I used my Sony 135/1.8 + a Kenko 1.4X for this shot of the Gannets that were close to the Ferry Boat we were on.

fotografz

Yes, it really does have a great 3D feel...looks like she is going to walk right off the screen into my office! :thumbs:

Keep trying to convince my friend who is a dedicated Sony/Zeiss lover that this is the camera he needs to get. If I didn't already have so much invested in Canon gear, I would probably go for it myself.

Gary
Gary, have your pal e-mail me ... I'll convince him. The good thing about Canon is that there are so many people using it that used gear commands a decent price ... so it's not to hard to get out of it without taking to severe of a financial bath ... anything to escape those waxy files ;)

-Marc

fotografz

Been awhile since I posted images here ... been screwing around a lot on the M9 threads since its launch.

But the A900 does it's share of shooting at every wedding ... mostly the longer lenses since I don't have a longer lens beyond the 85/1.4 for the Nikon (waiting for the new AFS 70-200/2.8 nano coated version with improved VR) ... so the ZA 85/1.4 and 135/1.8 gets used a fair amount with the Sony 70-200/2.8 used on a tripod to shoot stuff from the church balcony ... sometimes with the 1.4X.

A few snaps from the Sony ... the group shot was done with the ZA 24-70 @ 24mm. the rest with the ZA 85/1.4.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Interestingly this shot has had no "extra" post processing - it's all C1 defaults.
I usually bump both contrast and saturation a bit but the image didn't need them.
Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

That is "ultra superior" Bill!
You are making that gear sing for you :thumbs:
Been awhile since I posted images here ... been screwing around a lot on the M9 threads since its launch.

But the A900 does it's share of shooting at every wedding ... mostly the longer lenses since I don't have a longer lens beyond the 85/1.4 for the Nikon (waiting for the new AFS 70-200/2.8 nano coated version with improved VR) ... so the ZA 85/1.4 and 135/1.8 gets used a fair amount with the Sony 70-200/2.8 used on a tripod to shoot stuff from the church balcony ... sometimes with the 1.4X.

A few snaps from the Sony ... the group shot was done with the ZA 24-70 @ 24mm. the rest with the ZA 85/1.4.
I always admire your wedding shots - perhaps because it's an area in which I have no expertise whatsoever. I find the second image where the bride looks directly at the camera very compelling.
Best,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.