The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

some more random shots with the NEX-3

pen f 42mm f/1.2:

one from the rokkor MD 24mm f/2.8:

and one from the pen f 38mm f/1.8:

right after i said i wasn't going buy this lens i found one for a little over $50 and couldn't resist.
Nice ones :) :thumbup:

Since the Pen F lenses are not that expensive maybe I will get them a try too :rolleyes:

V

Vivek

Since the Pen F lenses are not that expensive maybe I will get them a try too :rolleyes:
:ROTFL:

Sebboh, Nice examples. :)

I am waiting for the next NEX iterations with a decent EVF and A33/55 style LCD to make good use of the pen F lenses.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Sebboh, You are making excellent use of the Pen-F 42 f/1.2.
You really got a good deal on the 38 f/1.8. I paid 3x that for mine....but I still consider minel a bargain.

sebboh

Sebboh, You are making excellent use of the Pen-F 42 f/1.2.
You really got a good deal on the 38 f/1.8. I paid 3x that for mine....but I still consider minel a bargain.
thanks, i was very surprised to win that ebay auction. the glass on the lens is in great shape too. not sure if the aperture is actually doing anything between f/1.8 and f/2 though. i'll have to play with a bit more before i decide whether it's worth keeping or if i'll just always use the 42mm. the lens is tiny, but functionally it isn't that much smaller on the NEX.

mjm6

re: Fun With Sony _____

Here's another multi shot stich, this one with the Leica R 28mm elmarit...

---Michael

Lonnie Utah

A couple that were cut (due to the 10 pic limit) from my "Hi" thread....

Valley of the Gods, UT

Pisgah National Forest, NC

mjm6

Newly processed image:

Taken at the Laurentian Library in Florence.

A900 and Leica 35mm summicron. ISO 6400 , 1/40 @ f4.0

(I'm not sure why this came in so small compared to the others I've uploaded...)

---Michael

Last edited:

peterv

This is a beautiful photo!

Irenaeus
Thanks, after playing with the NEX 5 for one month I'm getting more and more confident that the photo's made with this small camera are very usable. There are times it's just not practical to lug two a900's with CZ glass around. I think the NEX 5 will be quite capable for 30 x 45 cm prints. All in all I'm getting more and more content with my Sony Alpha camera's.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Jono.:) He was cooking- just a toast and a plain omelette.

Rurouni

Hi i've been lurking ard these forums for some time - first post :)

I recently added the nex5 to my Nikon collection as I wanted something light to supplement my Nikon Slrs. The nex is really fun. As fun as shooting with my old Bessa-R on film.

Right now I'm thinking of purchasing an M mount 28mm (for a 42mm fov). Has anyone tried the Voigtlander 28/2 Ultron yet? I'm also curious as to how the ZM 28 will work on the nex, since in general I read that non retrofocused designed lenses don't adapt well?

Thanks! and the posts on dpi have been v informative. It's a nice change from some other camera forums I've encountered. : p

Last edited:

ecsh

Does anyone know how to link from Flickr? They seem to have changed something.
Bring up the pic you want on Flickr. Then above the pic is the Share this drop down menu. There you can grab the link or the HTML, copy and paste here.

Status
Not open for further replies.