The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry_R

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

I have bought WIDE converter for 16mm, mostly for VIDEO.
But pictures also can be taken, two during first minutes of using it, both photos taken at f/2.8.

re: Fun With Sony _____

Beautiful shots, Jan. I was a bit further from the water, up on Skyline South of Page Mill. Here's an HDR(still not happy with my HDR efforts to date, but getting closer) and a few others -- EXIF intact on all:

16-35Z @35:

@16:

70-400G @70:

@210:

@400:

Amatieris

One with the NEX-5 and CZ 100mm f2 Makro

Albert:)
Hi, lovely images!
Could you please share with your impressions of differences using Zeiss ZF both on Nex and DSLR (I presume you have used them on either Canon or Nikon?).
If I compare my RAW files of Zeiss ZF on canon 30D to RAW files from NEX-3 of Contax G lenses, I can see a noticeable difference in favor of canon files. I am mainly talking of sharpness here. I need to sharpen nex ones to achieve similar results. Now, it could be dues to initial settings that both cameras apply to RAW files. I know that in canon you can adjust sharpness on RAW prior to pressing the button (have not seen this in NEX-3). Could be also that my camera is not up to specifications.
What are your impressions?
Regards
Ed

M

mike_hk2ksk

Some shots from earlier today with CV 28/1.9, CB 85/3.5 and Pentax A 50/1.4. thx.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

I just took the NEX5 to Vegas. I have had the 16mm for several months, but never gave it much of a try. I loved the combo for night shooting in Vegas. I could sit the NEX down on a rail and flip up the screen for composing. It was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

mazor

ken_vs_ryu, love the intricate details on that train set! Would love one of those.

uhoh7

Nex-5, Kipon tilt adaptor, Nikon 50mm f1.4 AIS

straight out of the camera, no PP.

Shown here with 55 micro

Status
Not open for further replies.