The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Hermann, This photo makes me wonder where they are? A photo that provokes thought is always good.
Cindy: Thanks a lot for your kind comment, very much appreciated! They are actually in a passage in downtown Munich, Germany. But the picture should also symbolize, hence the title, the feeling of almost getting lost in some kind of nowadays urban surroundings :).

Cindy: Very nice picture of the boat, like the B&W conversion very much as well! :thumbup:

Vivek: Great portrait! :thumbup: A bit unsure about the bokek though, certainly a matter of personal taste :).

Quentin: Very nice capture and lovely colours with the 18-200 Tamron indoors.

Hosermage: Love your picture with the umbrellas, very nice reflections as well. :thumbup:

Michiel: Picking up your inspiring suggestion - here is my contribution to the "window reflections" series:

"Below Stairs - Upstairs"

Sony NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 21 mm, f/8.0 & ISO 3200

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Michiel Schierbeek

Went out with one of my recent purchases. Contax Zeiss 100/3.5
Is this lens sharp or is this lens sharp?
First one wide open (nice blur) and second one is a reflection of canalhouses etc.

Michiel

peterv

With temperatures falling to -10 Celsius, my wife's Friesian blood is starting to boil.
Anticipating the cold weather, she had her grandmother's old fashioned ice skates sharpened.

NEX 5n 24 mm @ f2.0 1/100 100 ISO

Michiel: Thanks for the kind feedback!

Your Contax Zeiss seems to be a keeper for sure.

perterv: Love those ice skates, really would be great to see them "in action" on Hollandse Grachten!

Michiel Schierbeek

Two more from the Windowdressing serie.
BTW Most of them are posted in the Ricoh thread under Other Cameras.

Peter, soon we'll all be skating :salute:

Michiel

V

Vivek

First snow here.

NEX-7, Sony E 30/3.5 Macro + a 0.7 Wide converter

Michiel: For me the first one works best, nice reflections here.

Vivek: Dutch snow, really worth a picture! And BTW funny lens combination, but seems to work really fine.

One more contribution to the shop window series:

"Golden Promises"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, f/8.0 & ISO 800

Hope you like it and thanks for your interest.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice one Hermann, glad you like the subject. There are so many possibilitys.

@ Vivek, did your sun throw a snowball @ you :)

A new one from last night.

Michiel

jonoslack

Nice selective focus, Michiel

From our dining room with the Nex-7 and Tamron 18-200,1/25 sec ISO1600, 112mm, F6.3, some NR applied.

Nice Shot Quentin . . . . . . . . and be careful
we have had two of those tea light glass containers burst into flame . . . and by flame I mean REAL flame - gouts of flame which nearly burned down the sauna (we had the lights in the changing room).

pegelli

On Dyxum we do "day primes". Today was day 35 (of 2012) so I went out with two bodies and two 35 mm lenses to get some shots. See here for those posts

However it was also day 400 of 2011 :LOL:, and since I have a 400 mm prime I went out with that one as well. It's a 50$ deal I picked up in a garage sale and it fits my Nex 5 (via the OM adapter).
It's an Osawa 400/5.6 and for the price I can't fault it:

Rosemary, snow and backlight

Grass, snow and backlight

I see you

I see you too

Gek, gek, gek, gek.......

Enjoying the setting sun

exif inside, all ~f8

And if you're interested, this is how this weird combo looks, tripod and 2 sec self timer recommended (and used in all these shots)

V

Vivek

This was taken a few days before the big freeze.

NEX-7, Olympus pen F 38/2.8.

Hermann, Not a bad combo. I will mount it (0.7X converter) on the 24/1.8 also when I get it (in a few days).

Michiel. Yes. :) Not when I am holding a camera though! :)

Quentin_Bargate

Great shots Uwe, (lot of details and texture - what lens?), Vivek, Pegelli, Michiel, Hermann. Pretty cold here right now, a lot of snow for the first time this winter in England

Quentin_Bargate

Nice Shot Quentin . . . . . . . . and be careful
we have had two of those tea light glass containers burst into flame . . . and by flame I mean REAL flame - gouts of flame which nearly burned down the sauna (we had the lights in the changing room).
What were you using, Jono, nitro? :eek: :D

These are above our dining room table.

Status
Not open for further replies.