The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazor

re: Fun With Sony _____

Autumn leaves

NEx 5n Pen f 40mm f1.4

NEx 5n Pen f 40mm f1.4

NEx 5n Pen f 40mm f1.4

Art gallery closed

Nex 5n Samyang at f8

mazor

MikalWGrass, should create a new thread "fun with 85mm 1.4 on Sony".

I have a nikkor 85 f1.4 I frequently use on my 5n. The bokeh is simply amazing, and focus is superb at 1.4

mazor

Cloud system

Nex 5n Samyang 8mm

Its such a sharp lens!! makes use of every pixel on the 5n. This is not just sharp, its samyang sharp!

mazor

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

vivek, lovely snail shot, very close focus indeed. do you have a helicoid adapter for your 12mm cv?

V

Vivek

vivek, lovely snail shot, very close focus indeed. do you have a helicoid adapter for your 12mm cv?
Thanks, Mazor. :)

Years ago, I did a 20 roll Provia project with a Bessa L, C-V15/4.5 with a 5 mm extension ring. Very limited range of focus. Magnification, focus distance and such are defined. What was required was to implement a set of previsualized components that would fit the frame (sounds clinical and boring but it is hardly that) and snap away.

An old (digital) snap:

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Epson R-D1s, Tegea Kinoptik 9.8mm f/1.8, extension ring

It's a pity that it's so calm here (the Sony/NEX-related picture threads) lately. Maybe just too many different threads (Fun with the NEX cameras, the NEX-5, the NEX-7, plus fun with the NEX and different lenses, Fun with Sony, plus "Street" etc. etc.) - though first and foremost, what counts, are the pictures, aren't they?

Anyway, here are two, shot with the Sony NEX-5N, the 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 and for me they're "street" (photography of everyday-life in the public sphere); difficult lighting conditions as well ... :):

"City Lights #2"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, f/6.3 ISO 3200

"Remember?"

NEX-5N, 18-55mm/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, f/6.3 ISO 3200

Hope you like them and thanks for your interest.

mazor

wow, those retro dome lights with exposed concrete look wonderfull Hermann. glad the lady in the train did not notice u snapping her hehe

m_driscoll

Hermann: Terrific! Nice dynamics and lines in both. :thumbup:

I think we all have too many cameras! We should agree to get rid of all of them , except one. I'm sure we can agree on which one to keep. I, myself sold two cameras, today; unfortunately, I bought two more. :ROTFL:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

m_driscoll

Here's one from the other day, and two from the end of last year.

Nex7; 50mm f/1.8; 1/250s @ f/1.8; -1/3 EV; ISO 3200

Nex7; 85mm f/1.4 ZA; 1/1000s @ f/2; ISO 100

Nex7; 85mm f/1.4; 1/200s @ f/2.8; ISO 100

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

mazor

out and about with my nex 5n. unopened fruit approx 20mm

nex 5n CV 15 with helicoid

Shac

A few images from a trip to Patagonia (Chile & Argentina) earlier this year - all with Nex-5N and 18-55

scho

Some shots taken at the local farmers market today with the NEX7 and Sigma 30.

Hot Pink

All kinds of yummy food

You can eat with the crowd on the dock

or find some solitude along the inlet

Dogs aren't allowed inside

The RR guys were checking the tracks

Pass

Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.