The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huieye

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Here are some shots taken with the 18-55mm. Am thinking of getting a Sigma 30mm soon =)

V

Vivek

A synthetic (hybrid) Rudebeckia flower. All with a modified NEX-C3.

Visible light (UV/IR cut filter stack, quartz lens):

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Ultraviolet (UV bandpass filter Baader U 2", quartz lens):

Infrared (IR bandpass filter 760nm, Sigma 30/2.8):

pegelli

Earlier this week we took a bicycle ride through the "Kalmthoutse Heide" on the border between Belgium and The Netherlands. Last year there was a big bush fire there and as you can see the land is still recovering from that:

NEX 5 + Soligor 28/2 (OM mount) @ f8

mazor

mazor - is that the Industar-69? I've been eyeying those. . .
thanks Taylor for that feedback :)

No it is not an Industar-69, but a vintage Canon 28mm f2.8 Rangefinder L39 lens. Think it was made in the 60's. It is a low contrast lens, with moderate to bad corner sharpness unless stopped down to f8.

That said, I have it on loan with option to purchase. Based on what you are sayin, you think the quality of this lens is similar to Industar??

regards

MAzor

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

An easier species for me to photograph:

A jellyfish with the A700 + beercan on the beach of Knokke (Belgium)

pegelli

At low tide you can walk from Belgium (Knokke) to the Netherlands (Cadzand) along the beach, and if you time it right you can also do the same return trip. If you wait too long you have to make a long inland diversion. We took this trip almost 2 weeks ago on a splendid day, and here's some of the shots I brought home:

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

All A850 + Min 20/2.8, exif in the files

C&C welcome, let me know what you think about these.

Michiel Schierbeek

Pegelli, I especially like nr 2 because of the high horizon for the cloud reflection in the wed sand.

BTW Do you have to correct that lens for a straight horizon?

Michiel

pegelli

Thanks Michiel, and to answer your question yes, the lens needs to be corrected for barrel distortion. I do that by a "lens profile" in Lightroom 3. I found a good profile for the RS version of this lens while my lens is the older original version, but since these lenses are optically identical (incl. the even newer Sony 20/2.8) it works well.

J

jcoffin

Most of my time recently has been consumed with my new son:

I'm afraid I'm a bit too attached to the subject to be properly objective about the quality of the photography involved though.

pegelli

Exactly 1 year ago, August 7 2011.
A beachwalk in Knokke (Belgium)

NEX 5 + Leica M Summicron 50/2 DR

Taylor Sherman

thanks Taylor for that feedback :)

No it is not an Industar-69, but a vintage Canon 28mm f2.8 Rangefinder L39 lens. Think it was made in the 60's. It is a low contrast lens, with moderate to bad corner sharpness unless stopped down to f8.

That said, I have it on loan with option to purchase. Based on what you are sayin, you think the quality of this lens is similar to Industar??

regards

MAzor
Ah, interesting. I don't know too well the quality of the Industar-69. I think I've seen a few pictures from it on Flickr. Mostly I was just guessing as it is another super-tiny 28mm rangefinder (though, half-frame) lens. :)

pegelli

Two more of people training for the next Olympics in Rio, where kitesurfing will replace Windsurfing.

Both NEX 5 + Olympus OM 135/3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.