The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks Mikal. No way a mile track would fit on this property, the terrain is far too rugged. :) The bikes and birds were all shot with the 70-400G on a900.

Cooler, love the head-on shot of the car hood!

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

No offense but the discussions on the new Sonys are getting a bit ponderous, so I decided (I am a nobody with no authority) to bore you guys with some photos that I took this past Friday night. The Professor Marc W.:lecture: gave me some pointers on how to drag the shutter because he knows how much I hate flash. Not sure I did him proud with these non Pulitzer winning photos but I am not Uncle Bob with a fancy camera pushing his way in front of everyone for the best shot. Shot with the a900, 35/2 purchased from Show Performance several months ago, and the dedicated Sony flash for the a900.

Wresting1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

Wrestling2 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Well, let's give this thread a proper start ... :)
You will find out what a proper start this is when that lens (yeah that is a lens!) in the middle is mounted on the A7R and the results known. ;) :)

Knorp

You will find out what a proper start this is when that lens (yeah that is a lens!) in the middle is mounted on the A7R and the results known. ;) :)
What is it, Vivek ? A pinhole lens ?
C'mon, you can show us ... :p

All the best.

J

Jeff Laitila

I picked up an A7 today in Tokyo. Shot a bit with a Zeiss ZM 35mm f2. I went for the A7, and not the A7r because for my purposes 24 MP is enough, and I am less worried about absolute maximum sharpness since most (99%) of the shooting I do is without a tripod, in available light. My first impression after 40 or so frames is that I am going to really like this camera. It has plenty of well placed physical controls, is very customizable, and has a very nice EVF.

Sengakuji Station, Tokyo by Sushicam, on Flickr

DSC00004 by Sushicam, on Flickr

DSC00046 by Sushicam, on Flickr

DSC00042 by Sushicam, on Flickr

Ron Pfister

Wow. It seems A7 > A7r in terms of corner artifact.
In terms of vignetting and color shift, definitely. These can be corrected quite well in post, though - as long as they aren't too severe. The WA Heliars are probably a lost cause on the A7R, unfortunately. But then again, 12 and even 15 mm are not your everyday focal lengths on full frame.

What I'm really curious about (and what we can't really judge from these images, I find), is smearing and loss of image detail in the corners. We need full-res images for that, I'm afraid...

Annna T

...which I just discovered can still be accessed in the new flickr UI. Things don't look good for the Biogon ZM 2.8/21, unfortunately. Pretty strong smearing. :(
The results are not very encouraging to say the least. Even the 35mm shows corner smearing. I thought it would be safe at that focal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.