The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark K

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

I did mount 135L on my A7 but ...I have no idea how to stopping it down from aperture 2...besides..the Kenko nex ext tub works fine except leaving dark corners

algrove

I sure hope the a7r works well with Metabones M-E mount and R-E mount adapters.

Vivek-This is your week. Congrats and good luck.

Annna T

I did mount 135L on my A7 but ...I have no idea how to stopping it down from aperture 2...besides..the Kenko nex ext tub works fine except leaving dark corners
There is a dirty trick : put the lens on your Canon body, set the aperture you need, press the DOF preview button and dismount the lens without shutting the camera down. The aperture on the lens should remain the one you have set on the Canon body.

As said a dirty trick because you need to have a Canon body along and to mount it on the Canon body each time you want to change the aperture. But it may be useful to set the aperture at say F8 or somewhere between F5.6 and F11 and leave it there rather than at the widest aperture.

V

Vivek

I sure hope the a7r works well with Metabones M-E mount and R-E mount adapters.

Vivek-This is your week. Congrats and good luck.
Lou, Every second of my life is mine, as I hope everyone else' is theirs. :)

I thank you for your kind wishes. :salute:

Just got an email confirmation from Sony that my A7R will be delivered tomorrow, as scheduled. :) :thumbs:

J

JohnW

BTW, a hearty thanks to all you early adopters for jumping right in and sharing what you learn. - John

Knorp

Thanks Bart. You are welcome.
Excellent question about corner sharpness or smearing of WATE on NEX-7.

I actually did some checks back in 2012.03.22. Here are my results.
Unfortunately I forgot which f-number I used.
But based on the exposure times it sure looks like I stopped down a bit.
Hi there Karl-Heinz,

thanks a lot again and what can I say: glad I've no WATE ... :eek:

Kind regards.

Knorp

Just got an email confirmation from Sony that my A7R will be delivered tomorrow, as scheduled. :) :thumbs:
Vivek, you ... you lucky ........ :angel:

But if I am really lucky, I'll have mine by the end of the week.
Keeping fingers crossed, but not holding my breath ... :rolleyes:

Kind regards.

V

Vivek

Hi Bart, Not lucky but a bit smart by going with sony.nl (and all the perks that come with it- free delivery, right of return for full refund within 30 days and a 3 year service package) than any of the shops, based on prior experience. Many claimed delivery last week! I put in an order (now I know how many photo shops are out here!!) and when it came to confirmation, they all said 20th Nov!

k-hawinkler

Hi there Karl-Heinz,

thanks a lot again and what can I say: glad I've no WATE ... :eek:

Kind regards.
You are welcome Bart.
I can see that! :rolleyes:

So, shot with NEX-5N + WATE last Saturday morning when the County Utilities folks repaired our electrical power line. :D

:worthless:

algrove

Raymond

Thanks for the postings.

It looks like those are tough shots to make hand held. What speed were you using on most of them? Thanks.

roanjoh

Arrrggghh! I am itching to get my grubby little hands on these puppies and participate in this thread. The shots from the A7 and 35 ZM are looking amazing!! Oh Amazon, dear Amazon - make sure my pre-order ships before DEC 1st!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

NOT SEEING ENOUGH IMAGES DAMNIT. LOL

Okay stop being greedy and all of them to yourself, your not supposed to be out there playing with your new toys. Your supposed to posting images. SHARE with us poor souls. ROTFLMAO

Taylor Sherman

Gerald,

The poison and cure are coincidently the same "BUY IT NOW" one evil bay, hahaha...

I have written my brief review here:
My first impression with A7R -

Cheers,

Ray
Thanks for posting! But surely that can't really be what the Super-Elmar 21/3.4 looks like wide open?

edit: yeah I think the first set of shots are really some other lens. Then there's another set (shot downwards towards the bricks) that is also labeled as the 21/3.4 and is probably that lens.

Last edited:

Thorkil

NOT SEEING ENOUGH IMAGES DAMNIT. LOL

Okay stop being greedy and all of them to yourself, your not supposed to be out there playing with your new toys. Your supposed to posting images. SHARE with us poor souls. ROTFLMAO
....and the wide ones....give me the wide experiences and Pictures, would like to see some Nikkors on too (just an 20/2.8 D could do it for my part, or a 14mm Samyang)...please
thorkil

Status
Not open for further replies.