The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Thank you Philber!

Why not use a longer lens once in a while, it is so nice for layered landscapes?

I tryed to use my 90mm R Elmarit and it suddenly does not focus anymore.
It is such a lovely lens, everything works, turns well but no way i get anything in focus using the same adapter! :confused:

Ron Pfister

Thank you Philber!

I tryed to use my 90mm R Elmarit and it suddenly does not focus anymore.
It is such a lovely lens, everything works, turns well but no way i get anything in focus using the same adapter! :confused:
That's a shame! :( Perhaps the focus driving lever has broken off. Does anything rattle when you shake the lens?

V

Vivek

No, nothing rattles, everything looks and feels fine. I did not use it for at least half a year. It was fine then. I will have it checked.
Michiel, I know someone closeby who is really good at the grease job. Perhaps you know him too. :)

W.Utsch

Hi Michiel,

a few remarks to you recent postings:

Fantastic!

The ones from Brugge as well. A city i really love and the Dutch Landscapes remind me how long i have not been to Holland. That flat landscapes are just beautiful.

I own myself the 180/3.4 R and always thought it is one of the best lenses i ever owned. Used it occasionally on the NEX 7 with exceptional results but this combination is not in harmony. It will be certainly better with the A7. Did some first tests.

I love landscapes with long lenses, though i did not take the long ones to go out recently. They seemed to be to heavy and to big - a mistake.
You did not use a tripod,did't you?

Best regards from Heidelberg, Germany

Werner

Ps: We still miss you at the Sigma DPM's Forum. I think the Merrill's still look pretty good compared to the A7's.

philber

Thank you Philber!
Why not use a longer lens once in a while, it is so nice for layered landscapes?
I never quite got the hang of lenses longer than 135mm, and even that was a stretch. Maybe I should try again. I have Contax C/Y 180 f:2.8, and I have an adapter, so I guess it wouldn't cost too much to try again..:)
But I have so many things to try when finally I unbox my A7R.

jrp

One lens that works better than I expected with the 7R is the 10-18mm e-mount zoom in full frame model.

Seems at least as good as the Leica 18mm with the ability to go wider and image stabilization.

Arne Hvaring

Michiel's excellent shots with the 3,4/180 Apo-Telyt inspired me to bring out some of my own images with the A7r and this lens.
Here are a few.

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel,

a few remarks to you recent postings:

Fantastic!

The ones from Brugge as well. A city i really love and the Dutch Landscapes remind me how long i have not been to Holland. That flat landscapes are just beautiful.

I own myself the 180/3.4 R and always thought it is one of the best lenses i ever owned. Used it occasionally on the NEX 7 with exceptional results but this combination is not in harmony. It will be certainly better with the A7. Did some first tests.

I love landscapes with long lenses, though i did not take the long ones to go out recently. They seemed to be to heavy and to big - a mistake.
You did not use a tripod,did't you?

Best regards from Heidelberg, Germany

Werner

Ps: We still miss you at the Sigma DPM's Forum. I think the Merrill's still look pretty good compared to the A7's.
Thank you Werner!

It will be even better balanced when my battery grip arrives!
The lens is a bit heavy but not so big actually.

For these shots I used a tripod. Made some handheld shots as well @ ISO 600. They turned out well but the light was dull.

I miss the Foveon sensor, but i prefer to work with a viewfinder and different lenses. And now we meet again at this corner of the forum.:) I expect it to get rather busy!

Arne Hvaring

Thorkil, philber, Ron; many thanks for the comments and kind words, appreciated! And of course for the "likes" as well :)

anGy

Some A7r with Zeiss 50mm Sonnar lens.
Just purchased the lens yesterday and hope its renowned 'classic' look will balance the A7r sometimes 'digital' look nicely.
No subtlety here, just some contrasty and saturated good old cars pics ;-)

scho

Michiel's excellent shots with the 3,4/180 Apo-Telyt inspired me to bring out some of my own images with the A7r and this lens.
Here are a few.
Beautiful images Arne. Did you use a tripod? I am looking for an L plate for the A7R, but RRS says won't be available for a few weeks.

Ron Pfister

Carl, depending on which lenses you will be using, you may want to consider a collar mounted to a lens adapter instead of an L-plate. The Novoflex ASTAT-NEX fits all their E-mount adapters. I've decided to go this route for the time being.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Sorry for totaly OT but can someone tell me how to delete pictures from my subscriber Gallery here ?
Uploaded some pics but had them developed in poor quality...
There is no Button, no Option for deleting ?

Arne Hvaring

Beautiful images Arne. Did you use a tripod? I am looking for an L plate for the A7R, but RRS says won't be available for a few weeks.
Thank you Carl :) These are a mix, I used a tripod until the camera plate (RRS B6D) worked itself loose... So yes, I'm also waiting impatiently for a dedicated plate.

Arne Hvaring

Sorry for totaly OT but can someone tell me how to delete pictures from my subscriber Gallery here ?
Uploaded some pics but had them developed in poor quality...
There is no Button, no Option for deleting ?
Open image, choose Image Tools, then Edit Image. There you'll find a delete option.

Status
Not open for further replies.