The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Sorry for totaly OT but can someone tell me how to delete pictures from my subscriber Gallery here ?
Uploaded some pics but had them developed in poor quality...
There is no Button, no Option for deleting ?
Go to an image. Top right you see "rate image" and "image tools".

Go to image tools, and click on Edit image.

Once there you will see

"To delete this image, check the box to the left and then click the 'Delete This Image' button below"

Click on the box and then press delete.

Some people complain that Sony menu structure is difficult. :D

If you still have problems, PM me.

BTW, why not not use
when you post your images here?

Instead of the small pictures you show, it will be a large image.

scho

Carl, depending on which lenses you will be using, you may want to consider a collar mounted to a lens adapter instead of an L-plate. The Novoflex ASTAT-NEX fits all their E-mount adapters. I've decided to go this route for the time being.
Thanks Ron. I'll take a look and see if it works for the lenses I want use on a tripod.

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Thx Vivek.
My last images here were only attachments ;-)

Here are some pics from the A7 and the Elmar 24mm + M-Rokkor 40mm

Enjoy.

Ron Pfister

An addendum regarding the Novoflex ASAT-NEX: as I have reported in the Adapter Thread, this collar also perfectly fits the Voigtländer F-Adapter (but attaching/detaching is a little fiddly and needs to be done carefully).

V

Vivek

Ingo, Very nice! For whatever reason the attachments (and clicking on them to view large) does not seem to work. I saw the same images elsewhere displayed inline large and they were fine. Keep up the good work! :)

dbogdan

One lens that works better than I expected with the 7R is the 10-18mm e-mount zoom in full frame model.
Can you provide some pics? Does it mount directly without adapter? How bad does it vignette and at what setting does it become usable to the full frame?

Thanks,
david

bcm

Quick snaps whilst walking the kids with the A7R + ZM 85 f2.

Last edited:
J

Jeff Laitila

See my Flickr page for a set of 50 images I took during a trip to Kyoto last week.

Canon 50mmf1pt2 on Sony A7-2 by Sushicam, on Flickr
Canon ltm 50mm f1.2

CZ Sonnar 50mmf1pt5 on Sony A7-00704 by Sushicam, on Flickr
Zeiss Sonnar 50mm f1.5

Canon 35mmf2 on Sony A7-2 by Sushicam, on Flickr
Canon ltm 35mm f2

CV 21mmf4 on Sony A7-01108 by Sushicam, on Flickr
CV 21mm f4

All images were shot with the Sony A7, and a variety of rangefinder (Canon ltm 35/2, Canon ltm 50/1.2, CZ Sonnar 50/1.5, CV 21/4) and SLR (Contax Zeiss 28/2.8, Contax Zeiss 35-70mm f3.4) lenses. You can identify which lens was used by the file name. Some of the rangefinder lens shot were made using a Kipon adapter ring with built in helicoid to allow for closer focusing.

Some quick thoughts on the Sony A7: Solid build quality, and it balances very well with rangefinder lenses. I love the customizability of this camera. You can set it up just the way you like it. The default setting to have ISO selected by scrolling the back control dial was not working for me as it kept getting scrolled by accident, however It was an easy fix to reassign that function to a different button.

The image quality at higher ISOs is very good. You can pretty much set it for auto ISO and not think about it.

The shutter release is quiet soft/sensitive. It does not have a noticeable half-press/focus feedback resistance like the M9. Took a little getting used to at first, but its transparent to me now.

The battery life is noticeably worse than the NEX series of cameras. I needed two batteries to get me through a day of shooting, though I never fully discharged the second battery.

The widest lens I used on this trip was the CV 21mm f4. The magenta edge issue was apparent in some images, but not all. Corner smearing was an issue with the CV 21mm f4.

The Canon 50mm f1.2 performs very nicely, with better results that I sued to get with an M9. Similarly, the Canon ltm 35mm f2 is a superb performer.

The Zeiss Sonnar 50mm f1.5 is also a very good performer on the A7. Tons of bokeh wide open, yet still sharp and contrasty in the center. Stopped down to f8 and it is clinically sharp across the frame.

Contax/Zeiss SLR lenses, while quite large on this camera, perform extremely well. The 35-70mm f3.4 is better than the 28mm f2.8, but not by too wide of a margin.

GrahamB

The battery life is noticeably worse than the NEX series of cameras. I needed two batteries to get me through a day of shooting, though I never fully discharged the second battery.
Beautiful images.

Try putting the camera in "airplane mode", selected in the wireless menu. Wi-fi and NFC are power drains, so disable them if you're not using them.

Graham

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Some nice images folks and I am starting to see the potential of the A7R. As a owner of the D800E what I am looking at mostly is the color and color tone of the images. Im sitting it out until I see what C1 can do with these files and if it will smoke my D800e i may just switch this into my high end landscape cam and turn my Nikons into a PR kit. That would take me a lot to do it but will see. I need to wait till 2014 as that would also give me the most tax benefits as well as this year I have actually way too many write offs with medical.

J

JohnW

Yes, there are and it was - but I could not resist the incredible old crane :)

Edit: I find myself using the EVF much more often with the A7R than I ever have with the NEX-6 and 7. I have yet to compare them side-by-side, but it seems to me the A7R's is much more pleasant to use.
Ron,

How would you describe the difference between LCDs on A7R and Nex 7? I love my Nex 7 for waist-level street shooting, so I'm very interested in this feature. Thanks.

John

Ron Pfister

How would you describe the difference between LCDs on A7R and Nex 7? I love my Nex 7 for waist-level street shooting, so I'm very interested in this feature.
Let me take a look at that when I have the NEX-7 available in a few days. Judging from memory, I'd say the LCDs are very similar, but that of the NEX-7 is wider and can display shooting information along the right edge, which I like. I definitely wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the A7R rear LCD. My statement was referring to the EVF of the A7R being considerably better/more user friendly than that of the NEX-7.

Edit: perhaps someone else who has both cameras available can share their opinion?

Last edited:

My A7r arrives tomorrow! I don't often get excited about "little" cameras, but I'm psyched to see what this thing can do. I would have jumped on the d800 if Nikon made better Tilt/Shifts! Sadly I won't be able to shoot until my MetaBones EOS to NEX arrives.

My trusty 5d2 has served for years as a backup to my MFD system but I've just never really warmed to the Canon. I will definitely be taking the Sony out with my TS-E glass on architectural assignments to compare with my Arca / IQ260.

CB

Knorp

If you're on a diet ... don't look :D

| leica macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/60mm |

Status
Not open for further replies.