The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Some detail shots of a window and doors at the old boathouse. Clicking image will bring up full size original. All handheld with A7R and 35mm FE f/2.8 Sonnar.

Ron Pfister

All others will catch… the flu? Or the bus because their vehicle's been towed? ;)

Edit: I really like the rendering of the FE 2.8/35. Since my C Biogon ZM 2.8/35 is just about unusable with the A7R (unfortunately - I really like it on NEX-7 and NEX-6), it might be a worthwhile addition to the stable...

scho

A few more at the lake shore, same setup as above.

Crusty old canoe bottom

Michiel Schierbeek

On the way to Normandy we pass this old monastry in Saint Riquier.
Also a test for my latest aquisition the Canon FD 24/2.
Very happy with this lens for the A7r (sharp corners)

One of the oldest retirementhomes in France.

Industrial heritage, ready for demolition.​

tashley

Subscriber Member

Been playing with the Samyang 14 F2.8 and Zeiss 21mm F2.8 adapted from Nikon mount to the A7R with an MTF adaptor. The Zeiss seems possibly slightly better on the A7R than on the D800E with the exception of some colour shading (though I have done no direct comparison shots) and the Samyang seems slightly less good, a little courser. Interestingly, all the lenses I have so far tried that have a weaker side (due to decentering) show the same behaviour on the A7R as they did on the Nikon which answers the long standing small niggling doubt I had about sensor alignment in my D800E - and indicates that the MTF adaptor is doing its job properly. It does have a tiny bit of slack (when you twist a stiff aperture ring, the whole lens moves touch, too) and I have a feeling that it is stopping a tiny bit short of infinity. More testing in order!

Zeiss:

Samyang:

gurtch

A7R and 35mm FE lens f 8 ISO 400. nothing special, just getting familiar with the new camera.
Dave in NJ

ashwinrao1

Well, I gotta say, the A7 is fitting in nicely as a change of pace camera for me.... I do ponder the added detail from the R, but find that the A7 files remind me quite a bit of the RX1 files....very solid....

Here are some pics from a birthday filled week-end, taken with a borrowed 35 mm FE lens and 75 Summilux, mainly at ISO 1600-6400....

By the way, all images were processed in LR, and color choices were a mix of available light and processing

Gbealnz

Lovely shots Ashwin, especially the very last one, you seem to have perfected those selfies to a tee.
Gary

algrove

Ashwin
Nice shots all around. Did you use the Eye focus feature on any? Do you use standard or Creative Style Neutral? Anyone else use that feature?

tashley

Subscriber Member

Some with the Zeiss Makro Planar T* 100mm F2 Nikon fit and MTF adaptor: the lens works exceptionally well, and the precision of focus makes it much easier to use accurately on the A7R than on the D800.

An aperture series of distant landscape is currently nearly finished uploading if anyone wants to see it: upshot is that it is gorgeous but that some quite hard (and hard to get rid of) vignetting is present and that it need F5.6 to get the edges of a far landscape in great focus.

cunim

Tim, thanks once again for a very useful set of images. The problems with the 100 Makro Planar surprise me, given the lovely results I see from the 90 Summicron. I thought lenses above 75mm or so would be what a Finnish friend of mine used to call "easy cake".

Looking at the landscape images it does not appear to be simply an intensity vignette, but some physical interference that is killing resolution as well. Could it be the adaptor?

You say it clears up by about f5.6, but sensitive old me remains bothered through the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.