The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_driscoll

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Everybody: Thanks for the likes!
Hermann: Thank you sir. Great trip. I'm looking forward to posting more over the holidays.
Steve: Nice to see us with the same camera again! Family's great. Hope everything is well with you.
Jono: Very perceptive observation. Marleigh obviously didn't see me take that shot. It was at 70mm. More to come, but, I'm a bit slow.

Cheers, Matt

philber

Nice shot, Cunim! Care to comment on how the 90 'cron APO performs on the A7R, as I am days away from ordering this lens?

W.Utsch

A few more with the FE 55/1.8:

This one had some motion blur (1/60 and freezing cold).
First time i tried the motion blur filter in PS CC and to my surprise it worked quite well as you can see at 100%. You can print that pic 13x19+ or even A2 with good results.

m_driscoll

Near Jono and Emma's farm. A7 with 28-70mm and some Leica lenses (last three; forgot which lens).

Cheers, Matt

philber

Werner, thanks for these fine landscape pictures; They were just what I needed to push over the edge and buy the FE55. Is this lens now freely available in Germany?

Amin

Work hasn't let me get out of the house yet with the A7R. No worthy shots to show, but here's a glimpse into the morning time in my home. Both taken with 50/0.95 Noctilux wide open.

Kids eating chocolate chip waffles and playing Minecraft before getting ready for school:

DSC00024 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Baby just woke up for the day:

DSC00029 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

cunim

Nice shot, Cunim! Care to comment on how the 90 'cron APO performs on the A7R, as I am days away from ordering this lens?
Thank you. I like the colors from the Sony sensor.

The 90 is great with the A7r in that it has no corner issues that I can see. More generally, a very sharp and thoroughly modern lens. That may or may not be what you want. Works for me, as long as I am very careful of technique.

vjbelle

The 90 is great with the A7r in that it has no corner issues that I can see. More generally, a very sharp and thoroughly modern lens. That may or may not be what you want. Works for me, as long as I am very careful of technique.
Which adapter are you using? I also have the 90 Cron and am very pleased with it but am getting very slight corner vignetting. Am using Voightlander adapter.

Victor

philber

Thanks Cunim and Victor. Victor, are you using the latest Voigtländer helicoid adapter, or the regular?

fotografz

Work hasn't let me get out of the house yet with the A7R. No worthy shots to show, but here's a glimpse into the morning time in my home. Both taken with 50/0.95 Noctilux wide open.

Kids eating chocolate chip waffles and playing Minecraft before getting ready for school:

DSC00024 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr

Baby just woke up for the day:

DSC00029 by Amin Sabet, on Flickr
Yeah baby, this is what it is all about!

Just started using mine ... bunch of around the house junk, but what fun! Trying the ZA lenses first then I'll get to the M-50/0.95 and 75/2AA. Wahoo!

- Marc

D

Deleted member 7792

Leica 90mm Apo-Summicron-M with Metabones adapter

Focus is on the near eye. Modest noise reduction in LR.

Joe

cunim

Which adapter are you using? I also have the 90 Cron and am very pleased with it but am getting very slight corner vignetting. Am using Voightlander adapter.

Victor
Victor, I see no issues at f2 using the Novoflex. I have not made any formal tests, though.

This is focused on the vines at f2. Raws straight out of camera. Shutter is 1/25 so some motion blur is present. 100% crop is extreme top left corner.

vjbelle

Shoot a CC or light solid color wall. I don't think there is any difference between our two adapters..... As long as they are flat and the correct thickness to reach infinity they should be the same. Vignetting is no big deal but was just curious if you see it. Odd that its with my 90.

Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.