The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

You guys are much too serious for a Friday afternoon.

Take a look at these three shots and tell me: is it my A7R or is it me ... :shocked:

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Michiel,

yep, far better corners on the 18/3.5.

But Ca's are a problem with that lens as well.
Not as bad as on your example and they are removed, when there is some corner sharpness very easy and complete in LR.

Guy:
Would love the Leica 19 R but that lens is still incredible expensive and much bulkier and heavier than the Zeiss.
Absolute the 19mm is a gem but your 18m is right up there with it. Both lenses you may find in the very and I mean very extreme corners a little degradation. Here is the good news most images it would not matter anyway. We get a little too crazy sometimes. Enjoy that lens it has a nice punch to it and on this sensor looks really good. Oh and we love that your testing its limits, thats why we are here to share and learn. Might want to look into PT lens plug in for Photoshop so you can fix your distortion in one click. It cleans up nice. I had them develop one for my 19mm and its perfect. The 19mm is my retirement lens. LOL

Seriously all this Sony Ar7 stuff is helping me make smart decisions as well. Im looking at the look and I like it. I get my adapter today so Ill be right there with everyone soon. In all honesty I am really good at testing but as you know I owned just about everything out there so i do have a good eye at figuring these things out. Thats not a plug for me but I just have a good eye for this stuff.

V

Vivek

You guys are much too serious for a Friday afternoon.

Take a look at these three shots and tell me: is it my A7R or is it me ... :shocked:

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |
Most definitely you and the zoom. :lecture: :p

Look what I got. ;)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2, f/4

Now, who was looking for smearing? :ROTFL:

Eastwestphoto

Here is how some Olympus pen F lenses behave on the A7R (all at infinity) and without a hood.

Pen-F-test-1 by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Edit: When the front filter ring is removed, the 38/1.8 is devoid of the corner clipping (there is still light fall off at f/1.8 that evens up by f/5.6). Will check the others soon.
12-19-2013 Eastwestphoto here: Just Tested the Olympus Pen F 38mm F:2.8 lens on the Sony A7r as I was curious. The lens was corner to corner sharp with no light falloff or vignettting. I am really suprised I used a $10.00 Rainbow imaging adapter. Why a half frame lens from 1970's covers a full frame digital chip in circle of confusion, is really confusing! Ha, any ideas? The beauty of this lens is its very small size on the adapter to camera body...... I seem too like very small sized lenses and had selected the leitz Summicron 40mm F:2 from the CL series, and the Zeiss 5cm Tessar F:2.8 aluminium 1946 from old exakta as the two "BEST of Choices". I tested countless 50mm F:1.4 lenses from legacy days and for the most part they were outstanding. However older BRASS rangefinder lenses on adapters are heavy in weight. 35mm SLR lenses are big and nose heavy also, even the pancakes stick out there. even at 14x the image quality of a legacy lens on the Sony A7r is simply outstanding. Regards, Don

V

Vivek

She looks pretty hacked off Vivek - I guess you must be bigger than her or you'd be smeared all over that pavement!
Jono, Why not go chat about the stuff you may know a thing or two about? ;):p

(She lives in my neighborhood)

V

Vivek

12-19-2013 Eastwestphoto here: Just Tested the Olympus Pen F 38mm F:2.8 lens on the Sony A7r as I was curious. The lens was corner to corner sharp with no light falloff or vignettting. I am really suprised I used a $10.00 Rainbow imaging adapter. Why a half frame lens from 1970's covers a full frame digital chip in circle of confusion, is really confusing! Ha, any ideas? The beauty of this lens is its very small size on the adapter to camera body...... I seem too like very small sized lenses and had selected the leitz Summicron 40mm F:2 from the CL series, and the Zeiss 5cm Tessar F:2.8 aluminium 1946 from old exakta as the two "BEST of Choices". I tested countless 50mm F:1.4 lenses from legacy days and for the most part they were outstanding. However older BRASS rangefinder lenses on adapters are heavy in weight. 35mm SLR lenses are big and nose heavy also, even the pancakes stick out there. even at 14x the image quality of a legacy lens on the Sony A7r is simply outstanding. Regards, Don
Don, Any photos to share? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.