The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Hi Matt
That's great - thank you also for leaving the exif intact - looks like that zoom does well at the corners - even at f3. 5 and 28mm. What do you feel about it?

all the best

mjm6

I don't know what it is but I love the way this camera renders the clouds :)
I haven't tried mine yet on clouds, but this is something I really like about my a900 as well... Hopefully this one hasn't fallen too far from the tree.

Ron Pfister

Many thanks, Tim! I was thinking the same thing: it certainly is an anti-resolution image... ;)
And I forgot to add: ISO 50 rocks! You can throw just about anything at the resulting files, and they forgive you. I hope it's not just the season's spirit... ;)

iiiNelson

Handheld test last night. Focus was on the "Tommy Bahamas" writing.

A7r + ZM50 Planar

A7r + ZFE 55/1.8 (shot on a tripod using wifi remote shutter app)

BSEH

After dragging a D800 over the Himalayas, it was obvious to join the A7 (s) hood. Got it late today the day, and no lenses yet, so an adapter and test of a C / Y Zeiss 50 1.4. It's low on the model front to :), but a test is a test. I burned it a bit. to stress it.

(sorry for the pic, but had fun)

The next step was raw conversion. Got disappointing result with CameraRaw - then I tried to first run file through the IDC and then tiff with Raw filter in photoshop - but little agonizing process. What do you do?

CAMERARAW

IDC and TIFF in Cameraraw

No sharpness or color correct on any files

V

Vivek

After dragging a D800 over the Himalayas, it was obvious to join the A7 (s) hood. Got it late today the day, and no lenses yet, so an adapter and test of a C / Y Zeiss 50 1.4. It's low on the model front to :), but a test is a test. I burned it a bit. to stress it.

(sorry for the pic, but had fun)

The next step was raw conversion. Got disappointing result with CameraRaw - then I tried to first run file through the IDC and then tiff with Raw filter in photoshop - but little agonizing process. What do you do?

CAMERARAW
IDC and TIFF in Cameraraw

No sharpness or color correct on any files
The RAW conversion still is nebulous, it appears. I have been using quick LR conversions. Not settled yet on anything. I would love to hear how you get on with yours. The Himalayas shots were nothing but stunning! :)

BSEH

The RAW conversion still is nebulous, it appears. I have been using quick LR conversions. Not settled yet on anything. I would love to hear how you get on with yours. The Himalayas shots were nothing but stunning! :)
Thanks.. I'll try the C1 soon, but not happy to use it - find it confusing..

V

Vivek

By the time I got the hang of Nikon NX2, I quit using Nikon. It was never easy for me to deal with the conversion softwares. So, I understand what you mean. I am willing to give C1 a try one of these days but hope the LR will get better in the coming days.

V

Vivek

Leica and fuzzy corners.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

100% corner crop

Adapter-crop1 by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Sony A7R, M Rokkor 40/2 ~f/5.6, Hawk Peng helicoid adapter V2. The cheaper adapter I have (that does not have this problem)was on a different lens. But for the Leica shot ( infinity), no fuzz related stuff bothers for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.