The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Someone asked me about the Micro Nikkor. I have couple of samples of the 55/3.5 and this one was taken with a not so great (cosmetics) one.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Micro Nikkor 55/3.5, f/8, ISO100, 1/160s, Flash

[Apologies for the poor lighting and the set up. It is hoped that it will get better with practice.]

Michiel Schierbeek

Someone asked me about the Micro Nikkor. I have couple of samples of the 55/3.5 and this one was taken with a not so great (cosmetics) one.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Micro Nikkor 55/3.5, f/8, ISO100, 1/160s, Flash

[Apologies for the poor lighting and the set up. It is hoped that it will get better with practice.]
It makes it very neutral and is better then with the wrong lighting which can cause a lot of nasty reflections.

V

Vivek

I simply could not resist. :)

Orange and peel by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Micro Tamron 70/5.6, f/11, ISO100, 1/160s, Flash

It is a Leica lens! Before Leica made their own versions (badged Elcan), they bought the commissioned lens from Tamron for their Docuflex. The bird man, Doug, deciphered it (the origins) for me a long while ago. :)

V

Vivek

It makes it very neutral and is better then with the wrong lighting which can cause a lot of nasty reflections.
The exposure is fine but I was referring to some of the reflections and the quality of light. I have to work on the modifiers a bit and the background.

scho

An old industrial site (former Ithaca Gun company and before that old mills) that is now off limits because of an EPA lead clean-up project that is currently in limbo w/o funding.

A7R+M-Rokkor 40mm f/2

Taylor Sherman

Also, this little guy was on the balcony when I got home. I got a few pictures through the screen and/or blinds but scared him off when going for a better view.

CV 180/4 on the A7, ISO1600, cropped severely:

DSC09594.jpg by Taylor Sherman, on Flickr

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Well first day out and at the moment I only have 2 lenses the Zeiss 135 F2 and Leica 19mm R. So a little limited. Anyway I shot these handheld with the A7R. Nothing special just some happy snappy's. Was more after a feel for the camera and i also reset my settings as well. One thing I did notice I want to change is one setting to get to the focus peaking. I was on medium and felt a little too distracting in the bright light, wanted to go to low and pin point a little better. So far I am liking it a lot

Shot this handheld actually i shot everything handheld. LOL

Zeiss 135 at F4

Zeiss 135 wide open at F2

Zeiss 135 wide open at F2

Leica 19mm at about F4 or so and yes i am really close

Leica 19 about F8

For handheld i did very good but I know from shooting the D800e a tripod would be a slam dunk on detail. This is a 9 out of 10

Guy Mancuso

Also i should point out you want one of the best lenses made in 35mm than that Zeiss 135 F2 is it. Do yourself a favor and get one in the nikon, canon mount and buy a adapter for it. I have had almost all of them out there this thing is a freaking laser. It is so much easier to nail focus handheld with focus peaking that alone smokes my Nikons. Frankly I think it is why i completely bailed ship on the Nikons as fast as i did. between focus peaking and the LCD live view Nikon has a lot to learn. Im not waiting for it either, Im on the bandwagon.

Guy Mancuso

Oh that is not distortion from the lens in that last 19mm shot. That is the way it is built. Weird

BSEH

Looks like the Zeiss 35+55+135 and the Leica R 19 is a way to go..:) Just like to se the 24-70 Zeiss, an the love to hear more about how the A7 act in real live shooting.

BSEH

Also i should point out you want one of the best lenses made in 35mm than that Zeiss 135 F2 is it. Do yourself a favor and get one in the nikon, canon mount and buy a adapter for it. I have had almost all of them out there this thing is a freaking laser. It is so much easier to nail focus handheld with focus peaking that alone smokes my Nikons. Frankly I think it is why i completely bailed ship on the Nikons as fast as i did. between focus peaking and the LCD live view Nikon has a lot to learn. Im not waiting for it either, Im on the bandwagon.
Are you getting a A7 body ? like to know about it in real live shooting - were you have to work more fast, and with longer lenses ???

W.Utsch

I simply could not resist. :)

Orange and peel by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
Sony A7R, Micro Tamron 70/5.6, f/11, ISO100, 1/160s, Flash

It is a Leica lens! Before Leica made their own versions (badged Elcan), they bought the commissioned lens from Tamron for their Docuflex. The bird man, Doug, deciphered it (the origins) for me a long while ago. :)
Vivek, very nice shot.

Though, i see way to much "Orange Skin" effects in that pic :LOL::D:)
you should change the converter

W.Utsch

As i like to shoot shop windows as Michiel does, i will show the following pics in honor of the master and call them with modesty

"Window dressing - The copy"

Michiel, best regards to Amsterdam!

Knorp

A few shots from a trip through darkest Amsterdam.

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

Status
Not open for further replies.