The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Merry Christmas from me to everyone here, too. No pic. to accompany, but heart-felt nonetheless! Best wishes to all for the New Year.

Nettar

Two in Hong Kong yesterday, both with a rather well used Nikon 20mm f/2.8 D on the A7R. In at least the first image the distortion of this lens is apparent, but it's not bad for a design from the 1980s. It has excellent edge and corner sharpness at f/8, and not bad at f/5.6. CAs are reasonably pronounced. Nettar

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

Outstanding for an old lens that (to my eyes) produces better images on this body than on the bodies it was designed for. I was never impressed with this lens on the F2AS. The second image shows little, if any, distortion.

dunders

Subscriber Member

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays (or as we say here, "Nollick Ghennal!") to all.

I've recently joined the A7R fun, but haven't had much time to take it seriously. Here are three from a couple of recent trips to London, all with CV Nokton 1.5/50:

jlm

Workshop Member

quick test shot with A7R/CV 12mm, corrected in C1 with LCC…forgot how wide that baby is!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Your LCC looks very close....nice to see that this good VC lens performs this well on the A7R.

And I am seeing TUBES ... lots of em....

Is that a Vermont Casting or Jotul stove?

Love it.

Bob

docmoore

Yes!

Could not see the Nitty Gritty or Discwasher....:ROTFL:

Have over the past year frequented the Chesky HD tracks site....close to but not quite the same....

OK Back on track....

Bob

jlm

Workshop Member

wife made me put the nitty gritty in the back room, used only occasionally
stove is jotul, a real sweetheart. we use it most nights

fotografz

Not sure how much actual fun initially testing and torturing a camera is.

I've got family here to attend to, but try to sneak in a few shots to try this and that to see what's what.

Attached are a few unremarkable hand-held snaps ... which I normally wouldn't even post EXCEPT they are all high ISO explorations.

The two people shots were done at ISO 10,000 ... frankly, I cannot recall a camera that produced such nice skin colors at ISO 6,400 let alone 10,000 ... these were done in quite low light as evidenced by the exif info ... like: 1/25th shutter, f/2.8, ISO 10,000

I'm still stunned by this camera's ISO performance having started with the A900.

Dog pic with ZA135/1.8, all the others with the ZA24-70/2.8

- Marc

jlm

Workshop Member

another, spinning rosanne cash, sreamin' jay hawkins hidden in the reflection

fun lens and working quite well as is C1

docmoore

Marc,

These are stunning...10,000 seems unreal to me. My A850 and 900 at 400 had a lot more noise than these.

And the 135/1.8 has such a beautiful drawing.

No family here until the 29th so just catching up on the threads....

Bob

docmoore

another, spinning rosanne cash, sreamin' jay hawkins hidden in the reflection

fun lens and working quite well as is C1
No Corner Fix? So the LCC is C1....

And is that a Linn.....

Keep looking deeper into the view....

Bob

jlm

Workshop Member

LP12, ittock II and tweaked chassis; home made wall mount

actually i waited patiently for C1 to take A7r files before playing around, plus i have been way to busy. today i can goof off a bit

jlm

Workshop Member

guy's coffee corner ;) 28 cron was a bit too close to get the red cup in focus

oils o'plenty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.