The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwinrao1

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

1st shot with the Sony Zeiss 85 mm f/1.4 A mount lens, adapted using the LA-E4 adapter....my 35/55/85 kit is now officially rounded out....the lens is bulky, no doubt, but renders very well on the A7'S sensor, and this will serve well until a time when Sony releases a native, hopefully more compact fast 85 for the A7/R

kuujinbo

1st shot with the Sony Zeiss 85 mm f/1.4 A mount lens, adapted using the LA-E4 adapter....my 35/55/85 kit is now officially rounded out....the lens is bulky, no doubt, but renders very well on the A7'S sensor, and this will serve well until a time when Sony releases a native, hopefully more compact fast 85 for the A7/R

Nice shot. :)

Are your Canon and Nikkor M mount 85's that ordinary/bad on the A7, or is this A mount that good (plus faster and AF)? Google'd the lens, it's definitely one big piece of glass.

BSEH

This is not a lens test -:) this is fun with A7R and a Nikon 14mm 2.8D.

Truth is I don't have any native lenses yet, and only the lenses from the back of my cabin left..:)

jonoslack

Hi there Matt
Lovely photos
Tell me.................A7 or A7r? Which is the best....... And how good is that zoom?

m_driscoll

Jono: Thanks and Happy New Year!

I just returned the A7r, today. The A7 suits my style of shooting better (today, anyway). Just couldn't get used to the shutter and the focusing. Probably, mostly, the shutter. I didn't notice "shutter shake blur", but it felt and sounded clunky. The IQ of the 28-70mm zoom is stellar (IMHO). I'm more and more impressed as I process my trip photos. The Zeiss one's going to have to be very good to beat it.

BTW: I still owe you the 28mm, f/5.6, vegetation shots. Maybe tomorrow. The weather might be suitable.

Here's a few more from Dublin with the A7 and the 28-70mm:

Cheers, Matt

jonoslack

Hi Matt
They look great - I'm almost there! (they have some open box models cheap(er) at WEX which makes it even more tempting.

I'll be interested to see the vegetation shots.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

bcm

Happy New Year to you all. I hope you all have a great year ahead.

Love the backlit street shot Matt.

Edit: A7R + CV 35/1.2II

Last edited:

Don Libby

Sandy was kind enough to let me borrow her A7r for this shot. 55mm, f/8, 1/160 ISO 100

W.Utsch

**** I want t greet you all with the best wishes for 2014 ***

The last stroll in the winter sun 2013 around the block of my home

Flares into the sun with the Zeiss ZE 18/3.5

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

That 18mm is suiting you just fine. Nice shots.

Just a general comment as this really helps others as well. Please put which body and lens in your descriptions. Honestly this is exactly why I jumped in was looking at images you fine folks posted. Knowing the lens helps tremendously for buying knowledge and BTW Happy New Year and get out there and shoot. LOL

Im pinning the Phrase for 2014. Its a Sony wonderland.

LOL

PSon

... and the reason I fell in because Guy jumped in ...
Happy New Year to all

Status
Not open for further replies.