The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

IAMSTERDAM always a success with the tourists, me included :eek:

| leica summaron-m 1:2.8/35 |

Last edited:

scho

Snowed in today so played around with the Phigment M to E mount adapter and some 6 bit coded lenses. Works well with canned profiles, but I haven't tried customizing the profiles yet.

Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar in M mount coded as a 50 cron

A 100% crop, Contax G 45m f/2 Planar @ f/4

Minolta 40mm f/2 M-Rokkor coded as a 35 cron (exif gives me 34mm ?)

Also tried the Contax 1.4x Mutar III extender on the 180mm Sonnar to get an effective 252mm lens (Sorry for yet another squirrel image, but they are very compliant subjects when there is food to be had) :watch:

Last edited:

BSEH

Finaly a AF lens .. 55 1.8 on A7r - handheld. Use to handheld my D800 down to 1/50 no problem, but now i need like 1/125 - hope practice bring that down.

Anyway - Arne Jacobsen - creator of beautifulness.. made the gas station .

philber

Finaly a AF lens .. 55 1.8 on A7r - handheld. Use to handheld my D800 down to 1/50 no problem, but now i need like 1/125 - hope practice bring that down.

Anyway - Arne Jacobsen - creator of beautifulness.. made the gas station .
I started with the same difficulty, then gradually got used to the camera. Now I can't say that I am down to the same limit as with my NEX7, but, still, maybe 50% of the speed required when I started.
I expect to continue to improve, with extra care.

m_driscoll

Matt, These are terrific! Love the color.

Would you be so kind as to provide a bit more info?

Which 24-70 lens? Tripod or handheld?

Thanks,

-Marc
Marc: Thanks! They were all handheld. The lens was the Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS "kit' lens. My A7 kit came in to my camera store, just before we left on our trip. They didn't get any A7r's, just a couple of A7's with the zoom. I've shot it a lot, and, I quite like it (despite my embarrassment :eek: that it came with the camera and is so inexpensive :) ). I've got the Zeiss 28-70 on order.

Cheers, Matt

BSEH

I started with the same difficulty, then gradually got used to the camera. Now I can't say that I am down to the same limit as with my NEX7, but, still, maybe 50% of the speed required when I started.
I expect to continue to improve, with extra care.
:thumbs: Nice to know Im not alone out there..:D

benroy

Subscriber Member

There are a lot of excellent images on this page...but..the portrait of the kid with the runny nose takes the prize...wonderful!

Roy Benson

Don Libby

Got this this one yesterday morning and is a 100% crop. Thats's snow on their noses not sunblock!

Sony A7r 55mm 1.8 f/2.5 1/160 ISO 125 Kelly WY

Status
Not open for further replies.