The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikonf

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Jono,

You have a magnificient sense of composition and the ability to capture "The Decisive Moment".
I love both versions!
Keep up the amazing work.
Mike
HI Michiel - actually, I think, better - it needed a lot of work . . . and I'm a bit lazy!

nostatic

Jono I like both but lean towards the first despite the wonderful wash of green on the second. Very ethereal.

Clearly I'm going to end up with both. It is the dpi-way :D

m_driscoll

Thanks for the likes.

Similar to a lot of people, here, I've had a series of mft cameras. The EM-5 was the last, best, and, the one that I had the longest. I agree, pretty much, with all of the pros and cons for mft and the A7/7r systems.

More from the Pike Place Market with the A7 and Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8.

Cheers, Matt

scho

A few shots taken at the marina with A7R+55 1.8.

Last edited:

scho

I am glad I chose the A7r despite the fact that everybody seems to be raving about the A7 because of the kit lens and a few RF wides.
The files are just wonderfull, on higher ISO's as well, and there is so much room for corrections (highlights and shadows) that I must conclude this is a great sensor and camera for its price.
I think Sony is the most innovating camera company right now.
Not enough native lenses? Forget it, lenses for these cameras are all over the place for little money.
AF lenses will come soon enough beside who need AF with this EVF and focus magnification and focus peaking in a lot of situations on these camera's.
It is a dream to use all those existing fabulous old lenses with their real FL and DOF for once. Just perfect.
( why do I not have stocks in this company?)
All the differences are not to be seen on internet presentations only at 100 % on your computer and in making big prints.
For internet and smaller prints M4/3 is also perfect but there is life besides internet :watch:
Olympus makes great lenses and ergonomical beautifull cameras but will always be crippled by the size of 4/3 for me.
I hope something real good is coming out of their partnership with Sony.
+1 on the A7R as the "perfect" camera for use with a number of great lenses and making large prints with incredible detail. I will be selling my other cameras and keeping only the A7R and Nokia 1020. These two devices plus a few lenses from previous systems cover all the bases for me.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I'm already super-impressed with the a7r and M glass. The image quality blows me away. Not sure I'll be keeping my M9.

A7r with 50 mm 'Lux at f5.6. Perhaps not visible in an on-line jpg, the dynamic range is outstanding.

MarcB83

I am glad I chose the A7r despite the fact that everybody seems to be raving about the A7 because of the kit lens and a few RF wides.
The files are just wonderfull, on higher ISO's as well, and there is so much room for corrections (highlights and shadows) that I must conclude this is a great sensor and camera for its price.
I think Sony is the most innovating camera company right now.
Not enough native lenses? Forget it, lenses for these cameras are all over the place for little money.
AF lenses will come soon enough beside who need AF with this EVF and focus magnification and focus peaking in a lot of situations on these camera's.
It is a dream to use all those existing fabulous old lenses with their real FL and DOF for once. Just perfect.
( why do I not have stocks in this company?)
All the differences are not to be seen on internet presentations only at 100 % on your computer and in making big prints.
For internet and smaller prints M4/3 is also perfect but there is life besides internet :watch:
Olympus makes great lenses and ergonomical beautifull cameras but will always be crippled by the size of 4/3 for me.
I hope something real good is coming out of their partnership with Sony.

Looks like summertime in Amsterdam these days, strange.
Michiel,

If I may ask since I am going through the same dilemma these days. You've recently acquired a CV 21/1.8 of which you've given us beautiful pictures (as always!).
I am also in the market for an ideal ±20mm lens for my A7r. I've found used locally a Zeiss 21/2.8 - beautiful and as good as they say in the reviews, but it's just too big and heavy for me. I need something more travel-friendly where you never hesitate to take with you.
I'm attracted to the Zeiss 18/3.5 but although better than the 21/2.8, it remains big/heavy.
The CV 21/1.8 is another improvement weight-wise with the benefit of the 1.8 vs. 3.5. But fairly costly!
Did you consider the CV 20/3.5 pancake-style on a Nikon mount?
What about an old 20/2.8 Nikon AI-s or Canon FD?

Thanks for your opinion on this matter!

Marc

ashwinrao1

Thanks for the likes.

Similar to a lot of people, here, I've had a series of mft cameras. The EM-5 was the last, best, and, the one that I had the longest. I agree, pretty much, with all of the pros and cons for mft and the A7/7r systems.

More from the Pike Place Market with the A7 and Sony Zeiss 55mm f/1.8.

Cheers, Matt
Matt, these are fantastic. you really captured the light, the moments, and the action. I even like how I came out...didn't know I stuck my tongue out with photos though ;)

PSon

Didn't Michael Jordan also stuck his tongue out as a signature of his master piece when the game is on the line? After seeing some of your amazing photographs, the resemblance came to mind and if so I think Matt is very timing with this shot.

benroy

Subscriber Member

Nikon 80-200/4.5 MF w/ A7. I have enjoyed using the A7 with all of the Nikon MF lenses shared so far...only complaint: batteries have a very short life span.
A little history about the 80-200/4.5 zoom. This was the first zoom lens to be accepted by working pros as on a par with prime lenses...very sharp, even wide open. It fell out of favor as other quality zooms began to appear because it was slow and had some serious zoom creep...but the images...oh, my!

BTW: 80-200 in very nice, clean condition was found on eBay for $79.00 and hooked up to a Fotodiox Nik to NEX adapter for $50.00.

Last edited:

Luvwine

Posted these on another forum, but thought they might be of interest. Both with polarizer. First with A7r and WATE at 21mm, F8, 10 seconds. Second is with FE 55 at F5.6 30 seconds.

bensonga

All these incredible images. So much COLOR and vibrance. This was the best view I had today from my office window. Most of the day was socked in with fog and snow. A very gray and dreary day. :-(

Gary

A7 with the Leica 50mm Summicron-R....what a sad waste of good gear. :(

iiiNelson

All these incredible images. So much COLOR and vibrance. This was the best view I had today from my office window. Most of the day was socked in with fog and snow. A very gray and dreary day. :-(

Gary

A7 with the Leica 50mm Summicron-R....what a sad waste of good gear. :(
There's a little bit of color sprinkled throughout there...

Status
Not open for further replies.