The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunders

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Thanks for posting this Paul and a nice shot!

One of the cool things about this forum is being able to get a glimpse of the world outside of our domains. I never knew they put windmills in the water. Looks like the world is sprouting those things in all corners.

I have not sprung for the A7/7R yet, but I am lurking. :angel:
Thanks, Darr! Our coastal waters seem to be littered with wind farms and gas rigs. Better, I think than ruining areas of natural beauty inland, but I can't help thinking that the economics don't stack up. Green energy, arguably, but not cheap: the maintenance must be horrendous. But what do I know...?

Hallo there! Very nice photo, surreal-ish ... :)

Had a look through some of your recent photo posts with the GXR too, you're doing some very nice work.

G
Thanks for the kind words, Godfrey! The GXR isn't getting much use just now, but it isn't forgotten!

m_driscoll

Saturday night, 7 December, Temple Bar, Dublin. A7 with Sony 28-70mm lens. All at ISO 3200, except the 3rd one, which was at ISO 1250..

Cheers, Matt

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A few pictures from the A7r.

Sony ILCE-7R

Trio of Stumps

Tree Stump Waters Edge in Platinum

Hanging Leaf

Thanks,

Bob

Godfrey

Lovely set of photos, Bob!

One thing: I remember going to a workshop with a set of prints to display in class. I'd printed them with a wide white border and digitally reproduced signature, as you've presented your photos.

I was greeted with horrified looks and the admonition to never do that again. "If you can reproduce it like that, so can anyone else. It complete destroys the value of having your signature on the print."

It took me aback, as the people speaking are very credible in the fine art photo industry. Since then, I've not used anything but a fine, lightly printed name as a watermark..

Something to think about.

G

biglouis

Received my second FE lens yesterday, the 35/2.8. From the first few files I can tell this is a fantastic piece of glass. Incredibly sharp. Beautiful draw when combined with one of the best sensors available on the market today.

"Last lock tonight"

"Camden Gent"

"220 Arlington"

Crop from above

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Lovely set of photos, Bob!

One thing: I remember going to a workshop with a set of prints to display in class. I'd printed them with a wide white border and digitally reproduced signature, as you've presented your photos.

I was greeted with horrified looks and the admonition to never do that again. "If you can reproduce it like that, so can anyone else. It complete destroys the value of having your signature on the print."

It took me aback, as the people speaking are very credible in the fine art photo industry. Since then, I've not used anything but a fine, lightly printed name as a watermark..

Something to think about.

G
Thanks Godfrey,

I use this at home when I mount a print...as I do not sell or distribute my prints I have not given it much thought...will consider your advice.

Regards,

Bob

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

A few more from the other evening in Coconut Grove. These shots are of a band called 3DistantCousins from Los Angeles. The guys are actually cousins who were performing in other bands when they decided to get together as one band.

Sony a900 and the ZA 135/1.8. Very little post processing because I don't really know how to post process.

All I can tell you is that it is very tough to take good photos consistently regardless of the equipment one uses.

DistantCousins19 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

DistantCousins13 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

DistantCousins25 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

DistantCousins10 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

MikalWGrass

re: Fun With Sony _____

Just a few more, the last, I promise, from the concert the other night. The guys are the Breslov Bothers. They were two brothers, secular Jews who became affiliated with the Breslov Hassidic branch of Judaism. They had a musical background before they became Orthodox Jews. They rose to fame on one of the Israeli talent shows, and pretty much stole the show because of the inherent contradiction between their lifestyle and their music.

All shot with the a900 and ZA 135/1.8. This combo just keeps chugging' along.

BreslovBrothers3 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

BreslovBrothers1 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

BreslovBrothers14 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

BreslovBrothers11 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

BreslovBrothers5 by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

benroy

Subscriber Member

Minolta 70-210/4 AF (the legendary "beer can") w/A7...earns its stellar reputation with this series of very sharp and socko color studies of sea grape leaves.

Last edited:

Knorp

National Tulip day in Amsterdam

The band.

| leica vario-elmar 1:4.0/70-210 |

Status
Not open for further replies.