The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Look ! It's that bloke ! He's making that noise !

Look! No, no, over there! Look! I told you, it's him !

:D

Thomas Fallon

So cold here in Maine that my landscape work is limited to the back yard. A7r with Zeiss 28mm ZE.

Last edited:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

re: Fun With Sony _____

This one is for our friends suffering from the extreme heat in Australia. They know that the only thing better than a cold beer is seven more.

Godfrey

Kodachrome slide made with Nikon F or Olympus OM-1
slide digitized with:
Sony A7 + Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 + ES-1 slide stage

I bought a Nikon F to NEX adapter, so of course the first thing I had to do was throw the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 and ES-1 slide stage onto the Sony A7. I grabbed a slide out of a bag that I'd scanned already, set ISO 100, sat the rig on my desk, and let it run a 10 second exposure @ about f/8.

That's me driving my Lamborghini 350GT up Highway 684 in Yonkers, NY, sometime in Fall 1975. My friend Steve took the photo.

Really amused to find this ... I look so freekin' young!

Comments always appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Knorp

A bit of fun with my 75'cron and OUFRO at f/2.0, but wish not to bother you by clogging up your bandwidth or your screen.
Only for those interested in minimum DOF ... :eek:

Last edited:

cunim

[
I bought a Nikon F to NEX adapter, so of course the first thing I had to do was throw the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 and ES-1 slide stage onto the Sony A7. I grabbed a slide out of a bag that I'd scanned already, set ISO 100, sat the rig on my desk, and let it run a 10 second exposure @ about f/8.

That's me driving my Lamborghini 350GT up Highway 684 in Yonkers, NY, sometime in Fall 1975. My friend Steve took the photo.

Really amused to find this ... I look so freekin' young!

Comments always appreciated. Thanks for looking.​

Wow. Love that car and I bet you wish you still had it. I had a '67 400GT in restoration for a few years. When it was finally finished someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I never even got to drive it. After many years of being ignored, the early Lambos are now appreciating rapidly. Who woulda thunk it.​

Godfrey

Wow. Love that car and I bet you wish you still had it. I had a '67 400GT in restoration for a few years. When it was finally finished someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I never even got to drive it. After many years of being ignored, the early Lambos are now appreciating rapidly. Who woulda thunk it.
They are beautiful things, and it's gotten so rare to see one actually being driven it's very sad. They're too expensive now for me to be interested. They were too expensive then for me to keep very long. But I'm glad I had it, experienced it, for even a brief while. Few today will feel the thrill of that glorious V12 whoop as you toss this priceless, noisome bit of driving history down a deserted country lane at full chat, free and unfettered by all of today's PC regulations and restrictions.

They are things of a different era, passing quickly into the long past. I was there, I participated, I witnessed and recorded with my camera. It remains alive in my living memory. :)

G

They are beautiful things, (...)

They are things of a different era, passing quickly into the long past. I was there, I participated, I witnessed and recorded with my camera. It remains alive in my living memory. :)

G
Godfrey: Enviable reminiscence. Also nice to hear, as stated elsewhere, that you as well bear your lovely Duc (750 GT) and the rides across the southwestern states in remembrance ... :)

Last edited:

W.Utsch

To lighten up your day, friends, some flowers for you:

With the Micro Nikkor PC 85/2.8 D and some tilt

scho

Cold snap cabin fever today so I dug out the Gigapan to see how it would work with the A7R. Setup with the 90mm M-Rokkor at f/11, locked exposure, WB, and focus. Aimed at the fireplace and let the gigapan do its' thing. Produced a 16 shot (raw) 312 MP stitched final image using AutoPano Pro 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.