The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knorp

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Hey Michiel, that's a familiar place :)

| leica vario-elmarit-r 1:2.8-4.5/28-90 asph |

gurtch

A7R with Sony LA4 adapter and Minolta 20mm f2.8 lens, hand held. ISO 400, 1/100 at f9. Center is sharp, corners not bad, edges (left /right) a little soft, but all in all I would not hesitate to make a 20"x30" print. I have also included a 100% crop, actual pixels....no sharpening applied yet
Thanks
Dave in NJ

biglouis

A7R with Sony LA4 adapter and Minolta 20mm f2.8 lens, hand held. ISO 400, 1/100 at f9. Center is sharp, corners not bad, edges (left /right) a little soft, but all in all I would not hesitate to make a 20"x30" print. I have also included a 100% crop, actual pixels....no sharpening applied yet
Thanks
Dave in NJ
That is a drop dead gorgeous composition. I am impressed it is handheld and shows a really good eye to get the wonderful flock of birds.

LouisB

scho

Thanks
Dave in NJ
Gorgeous image Dave. Definitely 20x30 worthy. :thumbs:

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks
Dave in NJ
Great shot, Dave - now maybe I'll spring for a 20 mm. The reviews of the Sony I've read are not particularly encouraging. They say the Minolta is a better bet - exactly the same optics but better built.

Bill

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Walked around the village today in bitter cold/wind!

a7r with 35 Lux ASPH after being exposed to -20C (-4F) for over an hour. Obviously reliable in freezing conditions.

ptomsu

Workshop Member

Taking advantage of a few minutes of late afternoon sunlight.

Sony A7

Leica Elmarit 90MM:

Mamiya 645 150MM N (some blur from subject movement who just wouldn't sit still):

Last two, WATE at 21MM, F8 (1st one cropped):

-- Eeraj
Lovely shots!

Did you do any post processing for the WATE pictures?

Thanks

Peter

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Thanks very much, Peter.

Processed in C1 at defaults with a +15 saturation and a lightening of the shadowed verandah, no other adjustments. I have cropped a bit and would clean up the top left corner if I were to print it.

MarcB83

This is not presented as a great photo - it isn't - but as evidence that the a7r + Voigtlander adapter + Voigtlander 12 mm work just fine together as long as you use an LCC plate. The corners are not 100% perfect but good enough.

Also noteworthy is that this shot was at 1/30th and shows no evidence of shutter vibration and no smearing in the corners (tho' there's distortion of circular objects!).

Bill
Bill, apologies for my ignorance, but what do you mean by LCC plate; what does it entail? Etc.

I did Google it but not with satisfactory results.

Thanks!

Marc

PSon

Walked around the village today in bitter cold/wind!

a7r with 35 Lux ASPH after being exposed to -20C (-4F) for over an hour. Obviously reliable in freezing conditions.

But a little soft and fluffy to the lower corners. This could be the lens or the adapter aberration.

benroy

Subscriber Member

Leica 135/4 Tele-Elmar w/A7...what a blessing! FF viewfinder with focus peaking instead of the tiny rectangle inside the Leica M viewfinder.

Last edited:

jaree

Thanks Peter. I shoot RAW and process in LR. For the WATE shots, the only PP I did is to adjust the exposure/highlights, basically pulling them back and added blacks.

Generally, I don't spend more than 2 minutes on an average for each picture (after that my patience runs out!).

Best,

Eeraj

Lovely shots!

Did you do any post processing for the WATE pictures?

Thanks

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.