The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Weather too lousy to go out today so tried something indoors for a change.

a7r with Summicron 75 mm ASPH at its closest focus. & shots with Helicon Focus.

dunders

Subscriber Member

The weather's lousy here, too!

I took the opportunity to plagiarise Michiel: I've often wondered how to digitally frame images, and never quite got round to applying the leetle (*very* leetle in my case!) grey cells. It seems that Mogrify is my friend...

This is with the CV 4/21, which doesn't work with the A7r.

Now - if I can figure out how to do that nice 3d shadow effect......

pace Michiel!

gurtch

Frigid weather here along the NJ shore. Took these recently, A7R, FE 55mm lens hand held
Thanks
Dave in NJ

Michiel Schierbeek

I took the opportunity to plagiarise Michiel: I've often wondered how to digitally frame images, and never quite got round to applying the leetle (*very* leetle in my case!) grey cells. It seems that Mogrify is my friend...

pace Michiel!
I was just wondering about that lens. What's wrong with it, corner colour cast again on that naughty A7r?

It is just a simple dropshadow in Photoshop; copy the layer - select the first layer and make it a little bigger in canvas size - select the second layer and go to layers, layerstyle, dropshadow and make your desired shadow.
Once you got it you can make an action of it and it will be a whistle of a cent.

Michiel

Godfrey

http://www.getdpi.com/gallery/files/1/4/5/0/1/ballaterson.jpg

pace Michiel!
Pretty darn nice for a lens which doesn't work ... !

You can do drop shadows with the Lightroom Print or Slide Show modules. Dial 'em in, output as JPEG. Easy, fast ...

G

ashwinrao1

Greetings from the Super Bowl, my friends. I have been busy, mainly shooting the A7 with native and M glass...and coming away quite satisfied:

m_driscoll

Greetings from the Super Bowl, my friends. I have been busy, mainly shooting the A7 with native and M glass...and coming away quite satisfied:

Ash: Awesome! Just like being there. Terrific shots. I especially like this one of Sherman laughing. In that media circus, probably no one noticed that the little thing in your hands was an actual camera. :ROTFL:

Thanks for the vicarious thrills!

Cheers, Matt

dunders

Subscriber Member

I was just wondering about that lens. What's wrong with it, corner colour cast again on that naughty A7r?
Corner colour cast and smearing with both the 4/21 and the 4.5/15. I bought into the 'Lens Correction' app from Sony, and a very 'quick and dirty' correction has dramatically improved images from both lenses. There is some corner smearing and vignetting with the Biogon 2/35 and even with the Nokton 1.5/50 wide open, but I haven't tried the 'lens correction' app with these: in real-world use most images from these seem pretty good, though they wouldn't always please the pixel-peepers.

It is just a simple dropshadow in Photoshop; copy the layer - select the first layer and make it a little bigger in canvas size - select the second layer and go to layers, layerstyle, dropshadow and make your desired shadow.
Once you got it you can make an action of it and it will be a whistle of a cent.

Michiel
Thanks, Michiel. I don't have PS, but Godfrey has pointed me to a LR solution. I'll try it next time it rains....

dunders

Subscriber Member

Pretty darn nice for a lens which doesn't work ... !

You can do drop shadows with the Lightroom Print or Slide Show modules. Dial 'em in, output as JPEG. Easy, fast ...

G
Thanks, Godfrey. I'll give it a try next time it rains. That'll be soon, then!

jonoslack

HI There - I lent my A7 to a friend for a week, just got it back, absence makes the heart grow fonder! Here are a couple from last night with the kit lens:

Waiting for the train

Past the Glass

MikalWGrass

Ashwin, sweet stuff. A great photographer with unparalleled access to his subjects is a combination that cannot be beat.

D&A

Ashwin...fabulous shots and as usual! I'm saying this with a mix of admiration and envy :).

The shots of Sherman are especially good from a reportage point of view and I think there is something to be said for using a small unobtrusive camera like the A7 in such an environment. Most definitely looking forward to future postings of your Superbowl week experiences!

Dave (D&A)

Status
Not open for further replies.