The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Making great use of that CV 21/1.8, Michiel! The A7/A7r might justify purchase of that lens if what you're getting out of it is without doing any corner cleanup!
The corners are sharp but not without some colour cast especially with skys.

BTW The second image the plain of focus was out of line by accident because of the Tilt adapter.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Guy: regarding the old truck...I would like to see what you could make of the scraped paint on the left front fender (the one to the right side of the pic).

Roy Benson
Im a little confused I am focused on the very middle of the Dodge lettering which sticks out at 1.8 everything after about 3 inches is out of focus.

Unless i am missing your meaning

benroy

Subscriber Member

Guy: you are missing my meaning. What I am asking for is a closeup of the paint scrapes on the truck's front left fender...I think there is some nice abstract color in that area.

Roy Benson

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

Is that the infamous truck graveyard Guy? I may pop back there this weekend to test out the a7R and my Zeiss glass.

dbogdan

Hey Bill,
How's that lens behaving on the A7r? Can you post a flat field close-up?

David

nostatic

A7, 55/1.8. All those pixels to mess with...can only imagine playing with the A7R ones.

crop of above

cellison

I picked up a Novoflex Nikon to Sony adapter today and these are the first few pics taken with it. I'm pretty happy with the results so far and find focusing easier than ever. I have turned off peaking and wait for the object i'm focusing on to "shimmer". Sometimes the peaking dots get in the way.

Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 ZF.2

Bank Street by substrata studio, on Flickr

Sophie by substrata studio, on Flickr

Maximus by substrata studio, on Flickr

The A7r doesn't look so small once the Zeiss 100MP is attached. :)

Sony A7r w/ Zeiss 100MP by substrata studio, on Flickr

Cheers,
Chris

Godfrey

... The A7r doesn't look so small once the Zeiss 100MP is attached. :)
Yeah, it looks like it does with most of the Leica R lenses ... they're blocky looking things. The Summicron-R 90/2 does seem a mite more compact.

I have my bag set up with the 50/1.4 and 24/2.8 for tomorrow morning's walk, presuming that I feel well enough to go on my usual walk. I was going to carry the 135, but I'm in more of a wide mood at the moment.

G

W.Utsch

Short report on the Canon TSE 24/3.5 L II with Metabones Smart Adaptor III:

This lens with adaptor is of course a beast on the A7R. Though big and quite heavy it still fits nice in my "handbag" style, small bag. Packed it together with the Leica Summicron M 90/2.0 and got a 90/24 combination.

I used the TSE only handheld with grid and level in the EVF, this worked surprisingly well. Shifts are less problematic than tilts for these a tripod is certainly necessary. Shifts with the cam in level work good handheld.
I have no problems with the Metabones.

The first one is part of the facade of the "Spar und Bauverein", Mannheim. The "Savings and Building Cooperative", founded 1895 is a social cooperative to provide affordable living space to their members. 2011 this house was build with the cooperative's offices in the ground floor and apartments in the rest.

When i looked at that photo, not on location but on my screen and the print i had made, the famous Jazz Classic "Take Five" from Dave Brubeck came to my mind.
The pic shows 5/4th and brings to symmetry 5 and 4, uneven and even as Brubeck's song with its suggestive 5/4th rhythm.

"5/4"

TSE 24/3.5 II, medium shift up, no perspective control in PP

The second photo shows the facade of the "Institut für deutsche Sprache", Mannheim - "Institute for German Language" the famous "Duden Press".
The Duden, well known by every German, is the reference of orthography.

"Duden"

TSE 24/3.5 II, full shift up, no correction in post

Michiel Schierbeek

Some remarks on stray light and inner reflections because of the adapter.
As you can see in the above pictures of mine in photo 1 the down leftcorner and the second photo the left uppercorner you see stray light from inner reflections due to the adapter, just like I have with some of my C/Y Zeiss lenses.
I found an even better solution for this then rubber rings with the adapters I have at home. If you use --to Leica M- adapters first and then put them on the Leica M to E mount adapter all the stray light is gone.
To Leica M adapters cover the chrome parts of the Contax and Leica R mounts much better and are all black inside. Works fine
The disadvantage is the use of two adapters but somehow my -to Leica M- adapters are way better build.

I will buy a Novoflex adapter for C/Y soon because they seem to cover the chrome parts also quiet well but for the time being this is allright.

PSon

Some remarks on stray light and inner reflections because of the adapter.
As you can see in the above pictures of mine in photo 1 the down leftcorner and the second photo the left uppercorner you see stray light from inner reflections due to the adapter, just like I have with some of my C/Y Zeiss lenses.
I found an even better solution for this then rubber rings with the adapters I have at home. If you use --to Leica M- adapters first and then put them on the Leica M to E mount adapter all the stray light is gone.
To Leica M adapters cover the chrome parts of the Contax and Leica R mounts much better and are all black inside. Works fine
The disadvantage is the use of two adapters but somehow my -to Leica M- adapters are way better build.

I will buy a Novoflex adapter for C/Y soon because they seem to cover the chrome parts also quiet well but for the time being this is allright.
I also use this combo a lot since I still have Leica M lens and cameras. Sometimes there is an advantage to have 2 adapters combined since one of them may be too thick and one of them is thin enough to fit as a combo but can also be shimmed to each lens. Thus, the X-Leica M adapter can be shimmed and leave permanently on the X lens while the Leica M-Sony E adapter can be constant.

Godfrey

I'm staying in today, battling the coldy/fevery thing I've been fighting for three days already, so no walk this morning. I'll work on some photos I haven't had time to process from recent weeks instead of making new stuff.

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/1600

A little Mondrian-ish, perhaps. ;-)

Thanks for looking! Comments appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.