The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

For use on A7 or A7R Quentin? It is a bit dodgy on the R, seems to misfocus quite often though Jono is sure that it is shutter shake. Well sharp on centre when you get it right, has edge softness that changes sides with focal length and aperture and subject distance but you can't always 'stop' yourself out of trouble. Not terrible, sometimes, quite good.
A7r. Sounds as I anticipate...:rolleyes:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Sony A7 + Summicron-R 90mm f/2
ISO 100 @ f/2.8 @ 1/400 s

There was something pure and attractive about the way this bicycle looked. Very appealing to my eye.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.
The toe-clips are a little strange and I do prefer to have at least one brake when I ride on the road.....

You are correct that single speeds looks so clean...beauty in track bikes.

Regards,

Bob

Godfrey

The toe-clips are a little strange and I do prefer to have at least one brake when I ride on the road.....

You are correct that single speeds looks so clean...beauty in track bikes.
Oh yes ... riding a fixie I suppose the owner feels he's in control, but it would scare the bejesus out of me not to have a brake too. ;-)

G

mazor

Re: Fun with the NEX cameras....

Decided to take the Nex 5 for a spin, as have not used it much in a while.

Here is one I took today with my Nex 5r and SAL 18-200 lens

Out of camera no post processing!

To make the 18-200 more usable on the tiny Nex body, I added a cheap 3rd party Ownuser vertical grip to the Nex 5r. Now not only does it feel much better to hold, it also aids stability when using any largish lens on the tiny Nex body.

Here it is next to the still much larger and heavier Olympus E-M1

Last edited:

dchew

Don't tell me I'm the only one who remembers coaster brakes!? Just pedal backwards; it'll stop - unless the chain derails :)

Dave

PS: That's probably the reason for the weird toe-clips too, since it is a pain to rotate the pedals around to the right spot.

davidbogdan

Here's flat field shot, David. Not a real close close up. a7r with Sony LE4A adapter and Sigma 70 mm macro at f5.6.

I took a whole series from f2.8 to f11 and really cannot tell one from another except for DOF of the background. I can report there is virtually no vignetting after full aperture and no smearing in the corners. This is no surprise as the rear element of the Sigma is well forward of the mount and about 3 inches from the sensor.

The bottom corners at 100% are just as sharp as the centre with very crisp rendering of the texture of the stone.
Thanks Bill,
I encountered some log-in problems and needed to start a new profile to respond. I've ordered the lens and will soon be testing:salute:
david

mazor

f 1,0, just wondering do you have any issues with Magenta casts etc when using the 12mm Voigtlander with the A7r?

David Teo

Hi

Have been wanting to post more here, but haven't found the time to do so. Here's some for a start! Photos are from Singapore.

SuperTrees during OCBC Garden Rhapsody Light Show

Shot with the Nikon 24mm f2.8 AFD adapted with a Kipon adapter
This is from Gardens by the Bay.

Sunset Over the City

Shot with the new 24-70 f4 FE Zeiss lens

Launch of River Hongbao 2014

Shot with the Nikon 24mm f2.8 AFD adapted with a Kipon adapter

Sunlit Chairs

The new 24-70 f4 Zeiss at 24mm end

Lone Policeman on Duty

The new 24-70 f4 Zeiss at 70mm end

The 24-70 is a loan from a friend who managed to get his hands on a copy here in Asia.

David

David Teo

Hi

Some more fun with my A7, which I've had since the 26th of November….

My Dog Whisky

I call this the "Nick Brandt" look, after viewing the wonderful images from his books…
Shot with the SAL 85mm f2.8 SAM lens adapted with the LA-EA4

A Ride Through the Tunnel

The same way to shoot train tracks - from within the train….
Shot with the SAL 85mm f2.8 SAM lens adapted with the LA-EA4

Walk along the Beach

Wedding Portrait shoot I did for this couple who found each other while running!
CV Nokton 50 f1.5 ASPH II M mount adapted with a Voigtlander M-NEX adapter

David Teo

Third set…

Trapped in the City

With the 28-70 kit zoom

Spikes of the Esplanade

With the 28-70 kit zoom

Chinese New Year event - River Hongbao 2014

With the 28-70 kit zoom

Count down to Christmas, Singapore

Older image from Christmas Eve 2013 - real life test of the weather sealing capabilities of the A7 + kit lens combo haha!!!!

Whisky again

Shot with the CV Nokton 50mm f1.5 ASPH II (M mount) adapted with a Voigtlander M-NEX adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.