The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunders

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Rain again....

I downloaded the demo of C1 Pro to see if I could use LCC on the CV 15 and 21. here's my first attempt with the 15.

Anyone know what a 'neutral semi-transparent filter' is?

Godfrey

Ah, Saturday morning walk time. A bit damp and dim this morning. A7 fitted with Elmarit-R 24mm ...

Sony A7 + Elmarit-R 24mm f/2.8
ISO 100 @ f/4 @ 1/160 s

At distance, just a tiny bit of smudging in the far corners. This is perfectly acceptable to me. :)

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

jfirneno

So the combination of the A7R and FE55 is kind of a dream walk around combination (with the FE35 as a back-up for wider shooting). These are just snaps to see how the lens performs. Relief from the boredom of the interminable gloom of the New England winter.

It's incredibly sharp but also makes a pretty picture. Finally e-mount has grown up. Bravo Sony.

Regards,
John

(raw files at this drop box link):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bq5li42pri1rw8y/kbu5U7l3gp

jlm

Workshop Member

Dunders:
if you are using it for your LCC shot, it is a white translucent plastic plate you put in front of the lens. generally you bump the shutter speed down two stops to keep the exposure centered without changing the aperture, that creates your LCC shot

dunders

Subscriber Member

Dunders:
if you are using it for your LCC shot, it is a white translucent plastic plate you put in front of the lens. generally you bump the shutter speed down two stops to keep the exposure centered without changing the aperture, that creates your LCC shot
Thanks. There's little detail on the net, so I thought that there may be another name for the thing. Looking at people's work with C1 in this area it seems to work well, but it does seem to be a faff.

I can feel a lens buying fever coming over me. Maybe I'll just keep the RF lenses for the RF.....

Wuffstuff: Would we have it any other way?:eek:

stngoldberg

Does anyone have any information on how the sony 28-70mm performs on the lower megapixel A7?

Stanley

PSon

Thank you everyone for showing your nice photos and all the comments and likes.

Hasselblad 250mm + Leica Apo Tele-Converter 2x = 500mm and handheld to capture the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.