The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Luvwine, took me a moment but I prefer the second composition with the tree and its shadow seperated from the other elements in the picture.

gurtch

A lot of snow on the South Jersey Coast this year. A7R 35mm FE, polarizer filter, conversion in Silver Efex Pro, Tri-X 120 film emulation. At big enlargements on screen, the grain looks like the real thing.
Thanks
Dave in NJ

scho

Snow is piling up here as well. I have to dig out the fire hydrant in front of my house every couple of days. A7R with Leica 35-70 f/4 Vario-Elmar.

f 10

How do you like the 28 cron on the A7r? That's the one lens I most want to use on it.

--Matt
Do not get me wrong, I love the lens.
But at the a7/r it does not fit. The Smearing is too strong.
I am very sad, because I like the lens using on the M.:cry:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Darn. I'd heard that, but was still hoping to hear differently. I'll just have to settle for the C/Y Zeiss 28/2.8. At 16-18MP, where I've tested it, it does fine against the M.

I've been pestering people around the forums here about what system to take on a walking vacation. So far the votes are Photog friend: "M9 and done". Wife: Oly EM-5. GetDPI: A7r, lenses TBD. (I know what Graham would say). There isn't a bad answer here. There are tradeoffs all around, but any of these will get the job done to 16x20. Sadly for GAS, I already have the first two... but then I also already have the C/Y 28....

Well, the trip isn't till May, there will be many opportunities for regrettable purchases :D

Best,

Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I think a stroll to your local drug dealer is the answer. Hi I'm B&H what prescription can we fill today. Lol

tashley

Subscriber Member

I find when I take an interchangeable lens setup on walking holidays I tend to stick with one lens - it never seems a good moment to swap them, and as soon as I do, I shoot three frames and then went to change again. I just get more good pictures with a good zoom, even if each individual picture is not as technically good as it would have been with a prime.

However, I very often find myself going back to a particular scene with a prime and tripod and shooting it 'properly' if I think it might be a real winner. But when I do that, the first one I took with the zoom is more often than not still better overall. It's a tough choice but I prefer a good zoom.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

No question, Guy.

I HAVE made it out of B&H without purchasing anything, but it's a dangerous place. ;)

Tim,

I have the same experience. The 12-35 lives on my Oly. But one would hate to have a breathtaking dawn without a sharp lens at hand. I noticed also that the A7r/24-70 combo is about the same size and weight as the E-M1/12-40.

--Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

I find when I take an interchangeable lens setup on walking holidays I tend to stick with one lens - it never seems a good moment to swap them, and as soon as I do, I shoot three frames and then went to change again. I just get more good pictures with a good zoom, even if each individual picture is not as technically good as it would have been with a prime.

However, I very often find myself going back to a particular scene with a prime and tripod and shooting it 'properly' if I think it might be a real winner. But when I do that, the first one I took with the zoom is more often than not still better overall. It's a tough choice but I prefer a good zoom.
I don't know what it is but the first (intuïtive) shot is often the best with whatever lens is bolted on. But still I'll go back to certain places with the 'proper" lenses and sometimes it can be a (technical) improvement but you'll never find the same light.

Status
Not open for further replies.