The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwbell

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Have dumped my Leica M gear after initial usability tests and IQ comparisons. Have spent the time since working hard with the A7R and 35 + 55 FE Zeiss lenses, learning how to best use it for my needs. It is the camera I had hoped it would be, and then some. I tried my M lenses via the Novoflex adapter but that only proved that the FE lenses and indeed the A system were superior tools for me.

A7R + 55FE Cold, early, with a sinus infection.... but so worth it.

fotografz

Nice image Tim.

You really have mastered your shooting/post processing with these files to extract exactly the mood you wish to convey. :thumbs:

My FE24-70/4 is on its' way, so I'll see how I get on with it. Although your reports have bolstered my confidence that it will play its intended role. Many thanks for that!

I wondered the usefulness of the FE35/2.8, but it is so small as to promote take with more than a zoom would I think … so it has its place.

- Marc

biglouis

King's Cross "Skip Garden" - shows a small oasis in a sea of development.

A7 + CV21/1.8

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

And especially to honour that February 19 is the 50th day of the year the Rotterdam Photography Museum changed one of their outside exhibits for just one day with a new picture showing the same old lens in a new setting ;)

The lens in the above picture has a serial number from 1949 and was bought by my father (together with a Leica IIIf) in 1950. I got this set when I was 14 (so 1970) to take my first steps on a photography journey that has not ended yet (and my fathers journey has not ended either!)

Btw, this is their regular exhibit, a selphy from the 1940's by Nico Jesse:

(different person, different camera, same lens :D )

Nico Jesse
Self-portrait with Leica, 1940-1949
Negative
© Nederlands Fotomuseum, Rotterdam

Link to the full/original picture by Nico Jesse

fotografz

Have dumped my Leica M gear after initial usability tests and IQ comparisons. Have spent the time since working hard with the A7R and 35 + 55 FE Zeiss lenses, learning how to best use it for my needs. It is the camera I had hoped it would be, and then some. I tried my M lenses via the Novoflex adapter but that only proved that the FE lenses and indeed the A system were superior tools for me.

Well worth it!

Stunning image, well done, well done indeed.

Thanks for sharing,

- Marc

jaree

Superb image. The A7R + 55FE combo is firing on all cylinders it seems.

benroy

Subscriber Member

I only get a few minutes a day to photograph, and my venue is very limited, but lo and behold a power company truck pulls up right in front of my house...this is what my few minutes produced this AM: 90/2.8 Elmar-R w/A7:

Last edited:

Luvwine

Couple more cityscape shots today--downtown Atlanta from a different place than last time. First with FE 55, second with Cron 90 APO.

f/otographer

Hi everyone. Looks like I finally joined the ranks of the a7 owners and users. Some lovely photos here so far and I hope I can contribute my fair share.

Here is my first effort from a walk today in a local park. Still learning the camera, I have a long way to go before it is as comfortable and familiar as my NEX 7. This one was shot with the Yashica ML 50/1.7.

Tabwgwabb

biglouis

York Way, King's Cross, London - 2007 vs 2014. The top photograph was taken with a Leica M8 but I am not sure which lens - possibly a 35 lux or 21 Elmarit. The bottom photograph was taken with a Sony A7 and a Voigtlander 21/1.8 Ultron.

A weird thing to recreate, I know but I used to stand on the small hill and observe the new Eurostar trains sweep around the recently completed track into St Pancras. Of course, in 2014 this view is now entirely blocked. And also note the change of bus to the new 'curvaceous' Routemaster.

It took three visits to recreate the photograph - strange obsession, eh? And perhaps a personal attempt at a 'decisive moment'.

Status
Not open for further replies.