The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

New Kid on The Block - trying my new Leica R 100 APO, but weather here is one big softbox, so just tasting. On A7R wide open (2.8). First is 50% crop. No PP, Raw open i LR5.

I like the form and shadows in this. Try a monochrome rendering! :)

G

Ben Rubinstein

I'm playing at 'one shot or lose it' today with complex setups, as if I were shooting sheet film and only had once chance. This was the A7R with Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZF2, on a Novoflex adaptor using the tripod collar that came with it on a Cube/Gitzo setup and using a Hleiopan ND3 filter. 25 seconds at F about 5.6 and ISO 100, then some LR pp. The parts of the subject that aren't being buffeted by the wind are pin sharp...

Well, the thread is called 'fun with...' :D

Love the feel and energy. Would put this on my wall. Wouldn't have put a regular shot with the same framing and processing.

biglouis

Just some more Urban Grunge photography taken with the A7, FE35 and FE 55 lenses.

This last one exemplifies for me the beauty of the FE 55

tashley

Subscriber Member

Some more from today with the Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZF2 on a Novoflex on the A7R. These all handheld, which seems to work well down to about 1/50th. I really like this lens on the A7R even though it feels a bit big - it gets much more reliable focus than it ever did on the D800E.

dwood

Some more from today with the Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZF2 on a Novoflex on the A7R. These all handheld, which seems to work well down to about 1/50th. I really like this lens on the A7R even though it feels a bit big - it gets much more reliable focus than it ever did on the D800E.

Wow, that's a pretty impressive combination there. There's a real sense of 'being there' in these pictures. Nice!

tashley

Subscriber Member

Wow, that's a pretty impressive combination there. There's a real sense of 'being there' in these pictures. Nice!
Thanks Douglas - I really must tidy the house up a bit :)

Seriously, the great micro contrast of the Zeiss, along with the way it controls light, and the good shadow recovery of the A7R and its ability to micro focus, makes it great for this sort of handheld interior daylight work. The last shot, the one of the red door from outside, had a more or less black void where the interior is but a little bit of selective shadow work adds the third dimension. Even the size of the lens is in some ways a benefit because it adds some mass and stability for handheld work and unlike the FE lenses, holding the camera in the right hand and cupping the lens in the left for stability doesn't mean you constantly accidentally displace the focus ring...

dwood

Thanks Douglas - I really must tidy the house up a bit :)

Seriously, the great micro contrast of the Zeiss, along with the way it controls light, and the good shadow recovery of the A7R and its ability to micro focus, makes it great for this sort of handheld interior daylight work. The last shot, the one of the red door from outside, had a more or less black void where the interior is but a little bit of selective shadow work adds the third dimension. Even the size of the lens is in some ways a benefit because it adds some mass and stability for handheld work and unlike the FE lenses, holding the camera in the right hand and cupping the lens in the left for stability doesn't mean you constantly accidentally displace the focus ring...
Forgot to mention that these are even that more impressive to me because you shot them handheld, Tim. I'm afraid I wouldn't have faired nearly as well. I have work to do.

Stefan Steib

I am right now exploring the wide open stuff, got a Canon FD 1,2/85mm L, (will soon have a Canon FD 2.0/135mm and a FD 2,8/200 and a Samyang 1,4/35mm ), compared this to the Otus at 1,4 . Interesting, so here some samples

From top 3x A7r with Canon FD 1,2/85L open aperture -first one from a 4xstitch

last one: A7r with Zeiss Otus 1,4/55mm open aperture

More to come

nostatic

Sorry, you're not allowed to use an A7r for "action shots." It violates some international law or something...

benroy

Subscriber Member

Minolta 70-210/4 (legendary "beer can": $125.00 on eBay) w/A7

Last edited:

Stefan Steib

Here some A7r samples with the Sony 1,8/135mm - fantastic lens !
First one is with F8, second/Portrait F4 and last /Roof is @F3,2.
BUT you really should focus with lifeview and zoom in. Otherwise it is very difficult to get this enormous sharpness / or pinpointing to eyes wide open

pegelli

re: Fun With Sony _____

Two tulips from yesterday (A900 + Minolta 100/2.8 macro D)

1: Crack

2: Slowly opening

Status
Not open for further replies.