The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSEH

Re: Fun with the A7/7R

Very nice rendering. I would be very interested to hear more about this lens, please. What aperture this was at? How you mounted it on A7R? How it looks like mounted on camera?
+1

know it's a old film lens - used in some big Hollywood productions.

And seen some adapted with Nikon bayonet ... expensive :cry:

W.Utsch

"Print Media Academy"
Heidelberg

The two tubes represent print rolls and contain rooms for seminars.

The building is owned by the "Heidelberg Druckmaschinen AG" and is next to the 98% of historic buildings one of the very few modern hi-tec buildings in Heidelberg.

Ben Rubinstein

re: Fun With Sony _____

The picture which has probably had me put on the Homeland Security List as a suspected terrorist. How was I to know that it was the back of the US Consulate? I was messing around in the back streets near King David Street in Jerusalem when I was suddenly surrounded by security people. They were very polite and courteous but called over police to make sure I allowed them to photograph my ID card. As I said, they were really polite, I just hope the computer systems they feed with my data are as friendly. A7r (the head security guard recognised it as a mirrorless camera which left me impressed!) with Super Tak 50mm @ f1.4

OliverM

re: Fun With Sony _____

Thanks for posting great images here, it convinced me to try the A7r & 55/1,8.

To answer Guy's question, "are you getting fun ?", I would say "not sure yet".

Yes the image quality exceeds what I got from my previous dslr (Canon 5d2, Nikon D3x, Sigma DP2m).
Yes I have the impression to carry an empty bag even when the camera is in.
Yes I am amazed by :
- excellent optical quality of the 55 (definition, bokeh)
- excellent exposure (auto iso, aperture set)
- excellent DR
- ease of use (eve, screen that can transform into a wvf)
- very good colors !
No I am not bothered by :
- noise
- low AF in low light (don't care)
- low AF in action (don't care)

The only thing that is bothering me is ... it's too easy to make great pictures.

Also I need to spend time learning post processing (ugly default contrast for portraits ...).

I must say I was so much impressed by the images that I thought I would sell all my Medium Format gear and make $$.
That was until I developed a picture out of the Alpa/P65+ I made to compare with the sony ... sh.. there is still more magic in medium format colors and textures ...
But the sony gives me the impression approaching MF quality in light conditions where MF would only give poor results. It gives me the impression it approaches MF quality in good light conditions.
(but MF creates something magic in best light conditions ... colors).

One random picture
thanks again

Very nice rendering. I would be very interested to hear more about this lens, please. What aperture this was at? How you mounted it on A7R? How it looks like mounted on camera?
Baltar 75mm 2.3 lens was made for movie, and had Mitchel mount, I converted it to Canon Mount and using with A7r with EOS-NEX adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.