The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Rubinstein

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Thanks Tim, what's exceptional is that in the old MF film days a scene like this would have had me feverishly pulling out tripods, cameras, squinting into WLF's, messing about with a light meter and then given a scene like this, burning through a roll of Velvia, bracketing like a mad thing. In the days when I shot with a 1Ds (original) I would have needed about 10 layers in PS to tease an image like this into completion. I shot this, handheld while balanced on my bike, focus took half a second and all the processing was done in ACR in about 5 minutes. Oh and the detail is beyond astounding, can't get over the resolution of this image. Did I mention that it was shot at iso 1000? We are truly blessed...

tashley

Subscriber Member

Thanks Tim, what's exceptional is that in the old MF film days a scene like this would have had me feverishly pulling out tripods, cameras, squinting into WLF's, messing about with a light meter and then given a scene like this, burning through a roll of Velvia, bracketing like a mad thing. In the days when I shot with a 1Ds (original) I would have needed about 10 layers in PS to tease an image like this into completion. I shot this, handheld while balanced on my bike, focus took half a second and all the processing was done in ACR in about 5 minutes. Oh and the detail is beyond astounding, can't get over the resolution of this image. Did I mention that it was shot at iso 1000? We are truly blessed...
We really are - and it's so much more fun to be able to be spontaneous, too. Not that the shot I'm about to post is an example of that...

tashley

Subscriber Member

A7R with 28-70 Kit lens and 10 stop ND filter... I like this lens of this use, it has naturally soft edges and corners that suit the style.

ZoranC

And Guys, don't forget: There are no lenses to shoot good JPEG's with!
(winging hands) "What am I going to do now?!"

... and to make things even worse my lens is having a massive light leak. From a front. Especially when I take lens cap off and open up the aperture.

nostatic

(winging hands) "What am I going to do now?!"

... and to make things even worse my lens is having a massive light leak. From a front. Especially when I take lens cap off and open up the aperture.
My keyboard thanks you for the coffee that was spit upon it. It was needing a jolt...

W.Utsch

Thank you guys for all your compliments and likes for the "Blue Hour" shot.

I have some flowers for you:

BTW: Tried a BW conversion of the Blue Hour, as i thought it could work well but it did not. The hazy sky looked always dirty or was blown out totally white.

tashley

Subscriber Member

A little less sunny around the harbour today. We Brits love to holiday at home, whatever the weather...

Don Libby

Same barn, 2-seperate A7r's one with the 24-70 the other with a 55mm. The 24-70 was taken f/11 1/160 ISO 50 at 60mm while the 55-was taken at f/11 1/125 ISO 50. This wasn't meant to be any sort of test, just wanted to show the files.

Enjoy....

Don

J

JohnW

From my brief fling with an A7. - John

Status
Not open for further replies.