The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

The problem with my cat is that he thinks he owns my chair. Well... the truth is he does, I'm allowed to use it from time to time.

A7+55/1.8 - iso6400 and pretty much straight out of the camera.

Last edited:

tashley

Subscriber Member

Tim, no problems with my TSE 24 II and Metabones here.
If you have problems i would suspect the adaptor or the combi of the two not the lens.
On my 5DMKII the 24 is perfect as well. What i have read, there are a lot of mixed experiences with Metabones, some have big problems with tightness etc. Seams to be a lot of sample variation with these costly adaptors.
Anyhow i could not exchange the lens because i have it a long time... :)
My Metabones has been fine with all other Canon lenses, which is why I also tried the copies of the 24 TSE on a native Canon 5DIII - with the same 'soft on the left' result. So I googled it and it was clear that a number of others have had this problem too :-(

jaree

I think Jono summarized the FE24-70 best - compromised but fantastic. So I took this compromised lens on a walk two days on Brooklyn Bridge.

Very pleased with the results and being able to get a decent output handheld at 1/15sec 60MM FL is amazing. The bridge is always vibrating so a tripod is useless.

No lens profile applied.

Blue hour in NYC:

erudolph

Strange indeed. After several reload attempts, your first two sets appeared once, but since then it's nothing but little white squares with big white titles.

Annna T

Strange indeed. After several reload attempts, your first two sets appeared once, but since then it's nothing but little white squares with big white titles.
I'm able to see all the pics of Jono, but those white squares appears from time to time on other occasions.

J

JohnW

A few from the morning walk. Just getting acquainted with the new A7.

nostatic

Here are some still life shots from this morning.
The first two were taken with the 55 f1.8, the rest with the 24-70 zoom.

Picpoul de Pinet

It is funny because you had been posting 24-70 shots so when I looked at this I assumed it was from that lens (skipped reading the text) and my jaw dropped, thinking, "yikes, I've never seen bokeh like that out of the 24-70."

Then I read the text and said, "oh, ok...all is right with the world" :D

benroy

Subscriber Member

Jono: website link does not come up...still no pics, just titles...something we can blame on Putin?

Roy Benson

jonoslack

Jono: website link does not come up...still no pics, just titles...something we can blame on Putin?

Roy Benson
jono: no go on your website

The server at www.slack.co.uk is taking too long to respond."
Thank you for checking - I'd be really grateful if you could give it another test tomorrow and see if it's the same - you can email me at jonathan at slack dot co dot uk. It's particularly weird though.

Sorry - and thanks for checking.

anyone else with problems please chip in.

all the best

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Jono,

Just tried it and from here into the Suffolk 2013 less than 3 seconds....

May not be a global issue....

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.