The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfa

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I went to a friends' place and when his daughter woke up I was so excited about taking some pictures that I left my A7 on iso 6400 from some tests I was doing yesterday.

Taken with a Canon FD 24-40mm f2.8 constant

Quentin_Bargate

We have just taken possession of our new holiday cottage in Cornwall. We have no chairs, just one bed, and the kitchen needs a lot of work, but we are happy to be in the beautiful Dutchy.

A couple of shots with the A7R and superb Zeiss 24-70mm.

North Petherwin church

A local minor road

benroy

Subscriber Member

re: Jono's set #352...what are the 9 "likes" seeing that I can't?

Roy Benson

dchew

Well, I for one liked the the light on the green leaves image. I think it would be worth a b&w conversion.

Dave

jonoslack

re: Jono's set #352...what are the 9 "likes" seeing that I can't?

Roy Benson
Hi Roy
Did you get my PM? I'm not sure whether it's your ISP blocking mine. Or the other way around, but I realise that it is happening. Hopefully we can sort it soon ( I'm assuming that you can't see the photos?)

Barry Haines

Taken this afternoon...Bosullow Quoit, Cornwall.
A7R + Voigtlander 35/f1.2 Mk2 at F8 + Nik Silver Efex Pro2 processing.

tashley

Subscriber Member

This place is getting very Cornish... I'm potty about it myself.

St. Ives harbour...

Godfrey

Breakfast in Santa Cruz today, and a walk on Santa Cruz Pier afterwards. I was testing the Leica Elmar-R 180mm f/4 on the Sony A7. Here are some of the photos ...

All with Sony A7 + Elmar-R 180mm f/4, all at ISO 800

I debated buying the Elmar-R 180mm f/4 since I already had the Elmarit-R 180mm f/2.8. But I realized that I'd only rarely carry the Elmarit 180 because of its sheer size and weight ... the Elmar is about a third the weight and two-thirds the size. With the sensitivity of the Sony A7 to bank on, I bumped the ISO to 800 which netted 1/250-1/1600 second for these exposures.

The rest of the 12-photo set is viewable on Flickr.com at
Santa Cruz Pier - March 2014

Side note: One reason I'll keep the E-M1 around is that this 180mm is about the longest lens I'm comfortable with shooting without a tripod. The E-M1's in body image image stabilization allows me to shoot hand-held with a field of view that is equivalent to 560mm on FF format...

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

jfirneno

Breakfast in Santa Cruz today, and a walk on Santa Cruz Pier afterwards. I was testing the Leica Elmar-R 180mm f/4 on the Sony A7. Here are some of the photos ...

All with Sony A7 + Elmar-R 180mm f/4, all at ISO 800

I debated buying the Elmar-R 180mm f/4 since I already had the Elmarit-R 180mm f/2.8. But I realized that I'd only rarely carry the Elmarit 180 because of its sheer size and weight ... the Elmar is about a third the weight and two-thirds the size. With the sensitivity of the Sony A7 to bank on, I bumped the ISO to 800 which netted 1/250-1/1600 second for these exposures.

The rest of the 12-photo set is viewable on Flickr.com at
Santa Cruz Pier - March 2014

Side note: One reason I'll keep the E-M1 around is that this 180mm is about the longest lens I'm comfortable with shooting without a tripod. The E-M1's in body image image stabilization allows me to shoot hand-held with a field of view that is equivalent to 560mm on FF format...

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey
Godfrey:
That paddler shot looks nice and sharp. What kind of focus assist did you use? And I know what you mean about using the F4 vs the F2.8. I've got an F4 200mm that is the most I'll carry for a long assignment without a monopod. Looks very summer-like in those beach shots. That's a bitter pill to swallow when the forecast tells me snow on Wednesday.
Regards,
John

Godfrey

Godfrey:
That paddler shot looks nice and sharp. What kind of focus assist did you use? And I know what you mean about using the F4 vs the F2.8. I've got an F4 200mm that is the most I'll carry for a long assignment without a monopod. Looks very summer-like in those beach shots. That's a bitter pill to swallow when the forecast tells me snow on Wednesday.
Regards,
John
Thanks John!

The lens was set to f/5.6. I tapped the focus magnification for a second after setting the focus with no aids. It seemed about right.

The fog was just lifting and it was rather chilly out there, but not "cold". The sky was still leaden. Not quite summer for this area, believe me. ;-)

G

jfirneno

Taken this afternoon...Bosullow Quoit, Cornwall.
A7R + Voigtlander 35/f1.2 Mk2 at F8 + Nik Silver Efex Pro2 processing.

Quentin, Barry and Tim:

The only thing I know about Cornwall I read in a book called Tales and Legends. It said that aboriginally Cornwall was infested with Giants. And after seeing these giant rocks stacked like pebbles I guess I might believe it was true. From each of your various pictures I'd have to say it must be quite scenic.

Regards,
John

Knorp

Fish-eye fun tunnel views from Rijks museum

Rumor has it Barack will be visiting this place today ... :salute:

| ASAHI SMC PENTAX FISH-EYE 1:4 17mm |

m_driscoll

Northlake Shipyard on Seattle's Lake Union.

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 24mm, 1/125s @ f/9, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/125s @ f/5, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 62mm, 1/125s @ f/9, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/125s @ f/5, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/125s @ f/4, ISO 1000

Cheers, Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.