The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfrey

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Lovely spring light here at the moment - here are a couple with the 55 f1.8 - what a truly lovely lens it is!

Flickr.com is delivering your photos nicely again, Jono. ;-)

I like this one. Is the very green coloration I see accurate? I wonder what a monochrome rendering would do.

G

jonoslack

Flickr.com is delivering your photos nicely again, Jono. ;-)

I like this one. Is the very green coloration I see accurate? I wonder what a monochrome rendering would do.

G
HI Godfrey - the colour is spot on - algae from a wet winter and early(isn) morning light.

I might try a Monochrome version....

jlm

Workshop Member

i am seeing now jono's as well.

that Sloe gin reminds me of a particularly nasty event in grad school...

biglouis

Sony A7+55/1.8 - definitely the best 'normal' lens I have ever owned.

Barry Haines

Port Isaac (Cornwall) - But some of you already knew that :)
Snapped a billion times before me and know doubt a zillion times after me.
This afternoons take on it, taken from you guessed it the Doc Martin cottage.
A7R + 55/F1.8 FE

Padstow looking towards Rock (Cornwall)...A7R + ZM50 Planar.

Luvwine

Haven't been shooting much. Work getting in the way, sigh. Here is one with Leica 90/2 Apo. Better in color or B&W?

m_driscoll

Northlake Shipyard.

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 24mm, 1/125s @ f/8, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 42mm, 1/125s @ f/7.1, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 24mm, 1/125s @ f/4.5, ISO 200

A7, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4, 70mm, 1/125s @ f/4.5, ISO 250

Cheers, Matt

Barry Haines

I already did it an posted the results in a thread somewhere here, can't remember where, but in any event it was no contest, at least between my copies on an A7R. The 28-70 is a kit lens and looks like it, though it does often shine. The 24-70 has Zeiss genes and they show.
Hi Tim,
Just out of interest have you tested your Zeiss 21/2.8 yet with the A7/R...I saw you had with the D800 and it looked great.
I have followed your other tests here and on your site but have not come upon anything other than a few images without any text that I could find.
I would like to get a S/WA lens for my A7R as my CV35/1.2 is not all that wide...I am having a hard time deciding between the 24-70mm Zeiss FE and the two Zeiss Distagons 21mm and the 25mm f/2 that Guy likes so much.
Many thanks Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.