The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I don't mean to be rude, I am just curious. Where does "Napels" come from? As far as I know, it's either "Napoli" (the real McCoy) or "Naples" (the English version)
Ok, "Neapolis" as well, the ancient Greek name.
Thanks, my fault.
It is sometimes hard to find the English word for city names.
Napels is the Dutch word for Naples.

johnnygoesdigital

I'm reposting one photo that's been cropped, but the amount of detail is amazing.
This skier was coming off an almost vertical wall at an elevation of around 4000 feet. Spring in New England!

Last edited:

W.Utsch

Johnny... that looks pretty steep...

@Michiel: The greatest lens collector :) you make me jealous- looks pretty good to me...

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Michiel,
The 20mm wide end looks excellent.
Is it just as good at the 35mm end and in between?
Cheers Barry
Did not systematicly check that yet.

I love the (wide) reach of this lens. No color cast problems and distortion is not to bad.
For now I think it is a great interior/architecture lens. I am going to try it in a museum soon.

Outside in the sun yesterday it was all a little to contrasty to my taste, so don't know yet. Colors were a bit harsh.

It has no crazy flare problems. The first picture is right against the sun. (BTW this is the Piece palace in The Haque)

scho

Two from today's walk at the marina with the A7r and 28mm f/2.8 M-Rokkor (mounted with the Phigment adapter) This little lens has become my go to 28 on the A7r. Sharp across the frame, minimal CA, and no corner/edge smearing. Easily outperforms my Leica R 28 Elmarit, Contax C/Y 28 Distagon, and CV 28 1.9 Ultron.

Barry Haines

Did not systematicly check that yet.

I love the (wide) reach of this lens. No color cast problems and distortion is not to bad.
For now I think it is a great interior/architecture lens. I am going to try it in a museum soon.

Outside in the sun yesterday it was all a little to contrasty to my taste, so don't know yet. Colors were a bit harsh.

It has no crazy flare problems. The first picture is right against the sun. (BTW this is the Piece palace in The Haque)

Many thanks Michiel, most appreciated.
Some very nice images, that lens always had a pretty good reputation especially for controlling flare.
It's a very nice optic which would make a great universal (fairly light weight) travel companion for me with the 55mm FE f/1.8.
Getting hold of a good copy though is probably the biggest problem!
I look forward to seeing more of your images taken with it.
Thanks again.
Cheers Barry

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Beautiful shot of a beautiful bird Bill. It just fits perfectly in the pool and the small flowers just add to it all.

Just a little more fun with my 20 mm on the NEX6, I really like what I'm getting there.

Utrecht (under the Dom tower), the djembé just paused for a split second :)

Dreadlock horse

Near Westmalle, I think these are aspergas mounts

And finally the reward after a 2 hour walk (I didn't manage a shot when it was still full :grin: )

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

a7r with EA4/70-400 G. Only used this combo for one day where I could brace myself securely because it has no IS or OSS. Reverted back to the a99 and its IS for birdlife after this one.

m_driscoll

Same guy, same day, different camera and lens.

A7r, 55mm f/1.8, 1/1600s @ f/1.8, ISO 640

A7r, 55mm f/1.8, 1/2500s @ f/1.8, ISO 640

A7r, 55mm f/1.8, 1/1600s @ f/1.8, ISO 640

A7r, 55mm f/1.8, 1/1000s @ f/1.8, ISO 640

Cheers, Matt

Godfrey

All this for a cat photo ...

Manfrotto CX190pro3 legs
Arca-Swiss Monoball P0 head
RRS lever action clamp
Sony A7 body
Novoflex NEX/NIK Nikon mount adapter
Novoflex ASTAT/NEX tripod mounting adapter
Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 pre-AI + M-tube
Nikon ES-1 Slide Stage
Hakuba flat panel light box
JJC IR remote release​

My brother's had a rough week. Two of his adopted kitties died or were killed this week. He asked if I had any photos of his über-kat, a gorgeous gray cat full of personality that was his friend in the 1970s. I hunted a bit and found one old Agfachrome 50 slide, used the setup above to capture the slide ...

He was a magnificent cat, the photo does not do him justice.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.