The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

I do so love owning a camera with a sensor which will quite happily work at iso6400 and with a lens which does such magical things with light. RAW file processed in LR with only adjustment to the white balance. A7+55/1.8.

Barry Haines

Overlooking Mevagissey Harbour.
Messing around in Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
A7R + 55/F1.8...Taken at F8 (If I remember correctly)
Cheers Barry

jonoslack

Overlooking Mevagissey Harbour.
Messing around in Photoshop and Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.
A7R + 55/F1.8...Taken at F8 (If I remember correctly)
Cheers Barry
Ah! Family rules (Silas in particular) dictates that I'm no longer allowed to indulge in selective colouring . . . although I rather like these.

Sometimes however I break away from them and stick my tongue out at such stupid strictures (A7 with kit lens)

Matty and her tongue

I was kinda mad at my A7 last week because so many medium-wide M lenses looked bad in the corners. But now I'm back in love, especially with this nice old Zeiss f2.8 C/Y Distagon. I see what people mean when they say that Zeiss lenses have 'presence.' I never caught onto this with the Zeiss 21 and 28 that I used to use on M8 – they didn't seem to have it. Maybe it's just something about their retrofocus designs. There's a subtlety in tonal transitions and a kind of 'latent sharpness,' so that I can read little signs in images at 100% on my monitor, even though they're too small to read in A3 prints. The lens is about the size of a pickup truck, but I sure like its rendering!

Another bit of 'plain Americana':

Phil's Sliders by thompsonkirk, on Flickr

Barry Haines

Ah! Family rules (Silas in particular) dictates that I'm no longer allowed to indulge in selective colouring . . . although I rather like these.

Sometimes however I break away from them and stick my tongue out at such stupid strictures (A7 with kit lens)

Matty and her tongue
Many thanks Jono, It was just a bit of fun! A simple straight 50/50 opacity blend between the colour image and a toned pre-set that I made up in Nik Silver Efex Pro 2. Nothing as complex as selective erasing, dodging or burning on the layer. It's not tone mapped or HDR either.
Hopefully it should even be safe enough for you to try without upsetting any of your family ;) Cheers Barry.

m_driscoll

South Park and the Duwamish river.

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 24mm, 1/500s @ f/6.3, ISO 400

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 44mm, 1/500s @ f/8, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 45mm, 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 68mm, 1/1250s @ f/4, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 70mm, 1/1000s @ f/4, ISO 200

A7r, Sony Zeiss 24-70mm f/4.0; 70mm, 1/500s @ f/8, ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Godfrey

Abandoned Singer - Sulby 2014
Sony A7 + Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4

My friends' daughter have bought this property and will soon move in to start fixing it up. We took a walk through yesterday, a treasure trove of things left behind and abandoned.

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

G

scho

Two more from yesterday's outing at Buttermilk Falls with the A7r+55 1.8.

Focus here was on the Hemlock branch. Just let the background scene go OOF. Note log jammed against the footbridge support.

This is a head on view of the snapped log visible in above shot.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I was not going to post this but it came out kind of nice. A7r ZA 85 1.4 at 2.8 and yes that is my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.